Back at the resort, spa lovers will not be disappointed by the range of pampering and indulgent treatments on offer at the Sense Spa. Two championship tennis courts cater to those seeking a little more exertion, as does the fully-equipped fitness centre and accompanying programme of classes which include yoga, pilates and zumba. A wealth of motorised and non-motorised watersports can also be enjoyed in this most splendid of natural settings. Three excellent dining options offer sustenance for your island adventures, celebrating the culinary heritage of St Barths by combining French and Caribbean influences.
A collection of 29 guestrooms and 37 suites housed in colourful Caribbean cottages are dotted amongst the palms of the resort’s 18-acre estate. Set in the privacy of the bougainvillea-filled gardens or directly on the beach, all rooms feature private terraces as standard, and interiors chracterised by dazzling white and elegant hard-wood flooring. Ocean Bay and Ocean Cove rooms offer King beds and uplifting ocean views, and a number of Ocean Bay Pool rooms also offer private plunge pools on the terrace. Suite categories range from Garden Suites, Garden Pool Suites or Ocean Cove Junior Suites. For the utmost in space and luxury, a collection of Signature Suites are scattered across a number of prime locations within the estate. Many offer private pools and can accommodate up to 7 guests.
Many of Le Guanahani’s suites offer a sofa bed for those travelling with smaller children, or families can upgrade to one of the two-bedroom Signature Suites for plenty of extra space. Larger families would be well-advised to consider the Garden House or the Bougainvillea Suite, both offering a master bedroom, two additional connecting bedrooms and an expansive private terrace and pool. Rosewood’s ‘Explorers’ programme is designed to keep children aged from 2 to 12 entertained with a daily offering of indoor and outdoor activities, providing a taste of St Barths island culture. Babysitting is also available to give weary parents a little time to themselves.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Say your vows against the sublime backdrop of aquamarine waters at the coconut grove, with Rosewood’s dedicated weddings team taking care of every detail for your special day. For those celebrating a honeymoon or special anniversary, St Barths exudes sophisticated romance, and the range of elegant suites at Le Guanahani offer an experience of the island that will be hard to forget.
- Couples and families of all ages
- Watersports enthusiasts
- Those seeking a quieter side of the Caribbean
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Enjoy attentive beach service and a spot of snorkelling in the calm, turquoise waters of Grand Cul-de-Sac beach
- Take in the views of the lagoon from the infinity pool
- Sooth tired limbs with a Sense Signature Massage in the spa
- Work up an appetite for lunch in the state-of-the-art fitness centre
- Hone your tennis skills on one of the championship courts
- Take a sunset stroll on Marechal beach followed by a cocktail at the Beach Bar
- Dine on fresh seafood with lagoon views at the Indigo restaurant, or on refined Mediterranean cuisine with Caribbean flavours at Bartolomeo
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Extend your marine adventures with some kite surfing, jet skiing; wake boarding or scuba diving
- Charter a boat for a memorable day enjoying the island’s pristine coastline
- Take advantage of the on-site car rental to discover the island’s lush interior