COMO Parrot Cay has 74 light and airy Rooms, Suites and Villas. Rooms and Suites are set back from the beach; all have balconies with either garden or ocean view. The one- to five-bedroom Villas have direct access to the beach and pools of varying sizes. Two-bedroom Villas and larger also come with COMO butler service. The resort has recently undergone complete refurbishment so accommodation is box fresh: décor is contemporary colonial in style: think four-posters enveloped in billowing white voile, Balinese-style furniture and pale colour schemes that evoke the soothing spirit of the resort. Parrot Cay also offers a small rental pool of privately owned villas, the pièce de résistance of which is The Sanctuary, a three-bedroom villa with two four-bedroom guest villas, designed by Donna Karan in warm wood and cool limestone.
This is a delightful resort for families, being both safe and very private. Rooms can accommodate two adults and one child in a cot or extra bed, while Villas are perfect for larger families, not least because of their private pools and easy access to the beach. Recent refurbishment included the creation of a new dedicated area for children’s activities called Play, but there are lots of activities for families to do together, such as watersports, walking the resort’s Plantation Trail or exploring nearby North Caicos by bike. There’s a kid-friendly library, with pool table, games and video games, close to the main restaurant, while the poolside bar serves a mean Caribbean-style milkshake. Note that children must be 16 or older to use the wellness facilities. Babysitting is available on request.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
COMO Parrot Cay is regularly voted one of the best wedding destination in the Caribbean and it’s easy to see why. Couples can have a ceremony on the beach for two; an intimate gathering in a beach house for up to 10 guests, or really push the boat and book the whole island for up to 120 people. Renewal of Vows ceremonies are also popular. This is definitely the place for romantic dinners à deux: choose from a secluded tiki hut with its own private infinity pool, a secluded spot on the beach, lit by candles and tiki torches, or in your own candlelit Villa, preceeded by a 60-minute COMO Shambhala massage for two accompanied by a bottle of Champagne.
- Library, boutique & COMO Shambhala retail shop
- Fitness centre, tennis courts & running trails
- Spa, yoga & Pilates studio
- Motorised and non-motorised watersports
- PADI dive centre (off resort)
OUT & ABOUT
- Complimentary yoga and Pilates classes
- Island hopping to Iguana Island and Sand Dollar Beach
- Bottom reef fishing, bone fishing and big game fishing
- Golf on main island
- Biking and caving on nearby North Caicos and Middle Caicos
WINE & DINE
- Lotus poolside restaurant for light lunches and South-east Asian-inspired menus
- Colonial-style Terrace Restaurant for Mediterranean cuisine
- COMO Shambhala menu featuring cuisine rich in living enzymes, vitamins and minerals
- Private dining