The most luxurious boutique lodge in Finland, Javri is the former Presidential Retreat of President Uhro Kekkonen. Located inside the Arctic Circle, it is a haven of peace nestled between the small village of Saariselkä and Finland’s second largest national park. Enjoy the freedom to explore 985 square miles of forest, lakes & rivers by dog sled, snow mobile, snow shoe or cross country skis. There is even a small ski resort if the urge to participate in some alpine skiing manifests itself.
- Honeymooners and couples (lodge is adult only).
- Winter sports & fitness enthusiasts.
- Wilderness & nature lovers.
- Lovers of fine wine and gastronomy.
- Those looking for somewhere quiet and secluded but with plenty to keep them occupied during the day.
THINGS TO DO AT THE PROPERTY
- Discover 985 square miles of wilderness on foot, snow-shoe or skis.
- Enjoy an array of winter sports from skiing to dog sledding.
- Restore aching muscles in the lodge’s pool and state-of-the-art sauna.
- Savour the outstanding Nordic cuisine from award winning chefs.
- Experience the Aurora Borealis ‘northern lights’ subject to weather conditions.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Enjoy Alpine skiing in the small resort of Saariselkä.
- Embark on an overnight snowmobile & ice fishing expedition into the forest.
- Discover miles & miles of cross country ski trails.
- Meet local Sami tribes people and visit a reindeer farm.
- Toboggan down the 1km run – one of the longest in Europe.
Although the lodge itself is a haven of peace and comfort, guests should be aware that being well inside the arctic circle, outside conditions in the winter can be extreme with temperatures alternating between 0 – minus 30 degrees centigrade. Suitable clothing is provided but available activities can be subject to prevailing weather conditions.
In the summer, it is better to avoid the period of late June / early July when mosquitoes can be a problem.
Bathrooms are well equipped but small.