Recently renovated, interiors are simply furnished but comfortable. A pleasing mix of traditional and modern, features include stone walls, a spacious country-style kitchen and a roomy layout of accommodation, with six air-conditioned bedrooms available in the main house. An additional 2-bedroom cottage is available for larger groups at a supplementary cost. Due to the traditional architecture of this period building there are low ceilings in the attic bedrooms and quirky bathrooms.
Well-equipped including an AGA and a handy central island for easy meal preparation, the villa’s kitchen is traditional in design with ceiling beams, stone walls and a wooden spiral staircase. A TV room, accessed by this staircase, can also be used as a playroom.
Naturally light, the dining room at La Bastide du Ciel is a great spot for more formal dining, whilst the living room is equally inviting with its deep, comfy sofa and fireplace with a wood burning stove, perfect during the cooler months. The living room and dining rooms both open out onto a typically Provencal courtyard, a lovely private space to enjoy the grounds and rural outlook towards the coast.
La Bastide du Ciel has air conditioning in all bedrooms (including cottage bedrooms) as well as in the TV room and kitchen.
- Traditional, cosy kitchen with access to TV room via spiral staircase
- Spacious dining room
- Large living room
- Guest WC
- Laundry/utility room
- Summer kitchen leading onto terrace
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with super king size bed (can be twin) and large en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with super king size bed (can be twin), 2 additional twin beds (truckle beds) and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with double bed, additional single bed for child and en suite shower room
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with double bed (can be twin) and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom with double bed (plus cot for baby) and en suite shower room
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with 2 single beds and dedicated bathroom
ADDITIONAL 2 BEDROOM COTTAGE (available at a supplementary cost, please enquire):
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom with super king size bed (can be twin)
- Bedroom 8: Twin bedroom with two single beds, suitable for children
- Shower room
- Kitchen and open plan living space
WHY WE LIKE IT: Terrific outdoor living areas and comfortable interiors make this property a real winner. The great location next to the popular village of Valbonne is perfect for exploring the Cote d'Azur.