Set in 23 hectares of vines and parkland, La Bastide de Marie's exterior is a literal feast for all the senses, from the heavenly scents of magnolia, almonds and lavender, the herbs and home-grown produce of the kitchen garden to the chirp of cicadas and mile-upon mile of bucolic landscapes stretching as far as the eye can see. An intimate evening dinner on the terrace against a lantern-lit backdrop of vines is particularly special, not least for the simple yet imaginative fusion of authentic Provencal flavours.
Indoors, the hotel is best described as a heady mix of bohemian, baroque chic, where vintage curios, rich fabrics and antique furnishings complement the colours, lights and harmonies of the southern-inspired design. Individual, quirky and full of flair.
- Couples of all ages
- Children welcome
Things to do at the property:
- Two swimming pools
- Pamper yourself in Spa Pure Altitude, offering a range of beauty treatments and massages
- Relax in the hotel's lounge, gardens or beside the tranquil pools
- Explore the vineyards of Domaine de Marie
- Cooking classes are held on selected Sundays throughout the year
Things to do nearby:
- Explore the hilltop citadel of Ménerbes
- Beautiful Gordes -village perché
- Hiking and biking in the Parc Naturel Régional du Luberon
- Take in picturesque Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- The vineyards of the Luberon
- If you want to take bohemian chic to another level, why not stay in the 'Roulotte'? This is a 17-square-metre caravan complete with lounge area and washroom, offering an authentic gypsy boudoir experience.
- For private parties and family bookings, the Bastide de Marie also offers Villa Grenache, a five-bedroom villa (all en suite) set in the grounds of the hotel complete with fully-equipped kitchen, lounge, dining room, private terrace, heated outdoor swimming pool and parking. Accommodates up to 10 guests.
- The hotel is closed from mid-November to mid-December.