La Bastide de Marie, a beautiful 18th-century Provencal stone house, perfectly manages to encompass old and new style and sophistication. The exterior is a literal feast for all the senses, from the heavenly scents of magnolia, almonds and lavender, the herbs and home-grown produce of the kitchen garden, to the chirp of cicadas and mile-upon mile of bucolic landscapes stretching as far as the eye can see.
Set in 23 hectares of vines and parkland between Gordes and Ménerbes, an intimate evening dinner on the terrace set against a lantern-lit backdrop of vines, is particularly special, not least for the simple yet imaginative fusion of authentic Provencal flavours.
Indoors, La Bastide de Marie is best described as a heady mix of bohemian, baroque chic, where vintage curios, rich fabrics and antique furnishings complement the colours, lights and harmonies of the southern-inspired design. Individual, quirky and full of flair.
- Couples of all ages
- Children welcome
Things to do at La Bastide de Marie:
- Two swimming pools
- Pamper yourself in Spa Pure Altitude, offering a range of beauty treatments and massages
- Relax in the hotel's lounge, gardens or beside the tranquil pools
- Explore the vineyards of Domaine de Marie
- Cooking classes are held on selected Sundays throughout the year
Things to do nearby:
- Explore the hilltop citadel of Ménerbes
- Beautiful Gordes -village perché
- Hiking and biking in the Parc Naturel Régional du Luberon
- Take in picturesque Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- The vineyards of the Luberon
- If you want to take bohemian chic to another level, why not stay in the 'Roulotte'? This is a 17-square-metre caravan complete with lounge area and washroom, offering an authentic gypsy boudoir experience.
- For private parties and family bookings, the Bastide de Marie also offers Villa Grenache, a five-bedroom villa (all en suite) set in the grounds of the hotel complete with fully-equipped kitchen, lounge, dining room, private terrace, heated outdoor swimming pool and parking. Accommodates up to 10 guests.
- The hotel is closed from mid-November to mid-December.