The terracotta roofs of Les Bergeries de Palombaggia are shrouded in the dense green foliage of Corsica's south-east coast, just a stone's throw from the beach at Palombaggia, known as one of the loveliest on Corsica. The hotel has 17 rooms and suites - some in the main house and others dotted throughout the grounds - as well as an infinity edge pool and shaded communal areas with views out to sea. The style is fresh and clean, with furniture carved of driftwood and injections of bold colour here and there.
Patio Rooms have lovely sunny courtyards overlooking the grounds; while Sea View Rooms look out to sea and the Panoramic Rooms and Sea View Junior Suite are in the main house overlooking the pool. Junior Suites have extra single beds, so are good for couples travelling with one or two children; and Sea View Suites are hidden away, with large sea view terraces, luxurious bathrooms and children's bunk beds that can be concealed behind double doors.
- Single travellers
- Families with babies or older children
- Beach lovers
Things to do at the property:
- Indulge in fabulous dishes at the excellent restaurant with uninterrupted views of the coast
- Lounge by the pool with beautiful panoramic views
- Enjoy a private spa treatment in your room
Things to do nearby:
- Explore atmospheric Porto Vecchio with its bustling café culture and attractive harbour
- Hire bikes or scooters to explore the winding coastal roads
- Potter down to Palombaggia and recline on the golden sands
- Climb up into the Les Aguilles de Bavella for excellent mountain walking
- Get active with water sports such as diving, kayaking, water-skiing and jet-skiing
- Book a table at Casa del Mar (in advance) for a 2 Michelin-star dining experience
- Hire the hotel's motorboat and cruise along the coast
- Visit precipitous Bonifacio and explore the sea caves and islands beneath
Nota bene: Palombaggia gets rather crowded in July and August; and conversely can be very sleepy in low season.