Despite the historic backdrop, the property is entirely contemporary in terms of equipment and comfort. Bedroom suites are spacious and air-conditioned, bathrooms are contemporary, and living areas well-furnished and comfortably arranged. There are plenty of features for distraction, including a home movie theatre, tiered swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi, a tennis court, pétanque, well-equipped gym and children’s play area.
Great service is at the heart of the estate’s philosophy. A dedicated chef is included for all meals, as well as a lovely team of service-hands, housekeepers, and a dedicated Concierge, ready to assist with organising local excursions and on-site support.
- Professional kitchen equipped with 7m custom Bonnet Maestro cooking surface, professional Italian coffee machine, refrigerators and freezers
- Dining area opening onto herb garden, with adjoining outdoor breakfast terrace
- Summer kitchen and poolside dining area
- Medieval reception room
- Grand vaulted hall
- Home cinema room with 200+ movies
- Well-stocked library
- Wine tasting room
- Winery meeting rooms
- Bedroom 1: ‘Tournesol’ two room suite with sitting room, king size bedroom, bathroom with shower and French doors leading directly onto the private terrace outside the villa. Separate outside entrance.
- Bedroom 2: ‘Olivier’ air-conditioned double bedroom (31m²) with canopy style antique king size bed, ensuite bathroom with bath, sink and WC, sitting area and lovely view over the property
- Bedroom 3: ‘Coquelicot’ air-conditioned double bedroom (23m²) with king size bed (can be twin) and bathroom with double sink, WC and bath with shower
- Bedroom 4: ‘Abeille’ air-conditioned double bedroom (23m²) with king size bed (can be twin), 3-seat bench, desk and bathroom with double sink, WC and bath with two shower heads
- Bedroom 5: ‘Sanglier Suite’ air-conditioned double bedroom (28m²) with king size bed (can be twin), bathroom with claw-foot bathtub, separate shower and WC and ante-room with small canopy bed perfect for a child or teenager
- Bedroom 6: ‘Lavender Suite’ air-conditioned double bedroom (35m²) with king size bed, magnificent views over the vineyard and mountains, bathroom with double sink, WC and bathtub with shower and ante-room with twin beds perfect for children
POOL HOUSE (located next to the pool and summer kitchen):
GROUND FLOOR (25m²):
- Bedroom 7: ‘Waterfront’ double bedroom (15m²) with double bed
- Shower room and WC
WHY WE LIKE IT: The magnificent, hill-top location, tennis court and large private swimming pool are some of the many attractions of this property. Ninth-century stone walls and medieval vaulted ceilings add a wonderful sense of history to a fabulously-equipped villa.