The landscape of northern Provence is breathtaking. Wide, sweeping valleys carpeted with vines or lavender, the jagged rock formations of the Dentelles de Montmirail or the towering, volcanic Mont Ventoux. Pretty villages dot the region, their names achieving global status through their surrounding vineyards: Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Beaumes-de-Venise, Chateauneuf-de-Pape.
As with the villages of Provence, wine plays a central role at the Domaine des Côteaux. The award-winning estate produces a small volume of very high-quality wine, harvested and bottled on site.
At the centre of the estate is the magnificent Domaine des Côteaux. Sections of the property date back to the 9th Century, added onto and expanded over the centuries, with features including a vaulted dining room and medieval cloistering.
Despite the historic backdrop, the property is entirely contemporary in terms of equipment and comfort. Bedroom suites are spacious and air-conditioned, bathrooms are contemporary, and living areas well-furnished and comfortably arranged. There are plenty of features for distraction, including a home movie theatre, tiered swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi, a tennis court, pétanque, well-equipped gym and children’s play area.
Great service is at the heart of the estate’s philosophy. A dedicated chef is included for all meals, as well as a lovely team of service-hands, housekeepers, and a dedicated Concierge, ready to assist with organising local excursions and on-site support.
- Professional kitchen equipped with 7m custom Bonnet Maestro cooking surface, professional Italian coffee machine, refrigerators and freezers
- Dining area opening onto herb garden, with adjoining outdoor breakfast terrace
- Summer kitchen and poolside dining area
- Medieval reception room
- Grand vaulted hall
- Home cinema room with 200+ movies
- Well-stocked library
- Wine tasting room
- Winery meeting rooms
- Bedroom 1: ‘Tournesol’ two room suite with sitting room (sofa bed), king size bedroom, bathroom with shower and French doors leading directly onto the private terrace outside the villa. Separate outside entrance.
- Bedroom 2: ‘Olivier’ air-conditioned double bedroom (31m²) with canopy style antique king size bed, ensuite bathroom with bath, sink and WC, sitting area and lovely view over the property
- Bedroom 3: ‘Coquelicot’ air-conditioned double bedroom (23m²) with king size bed (can be twin) and bathroom with double sink, WC and bath with shower
- Bedroom 4: ‘Abeille’ air-conditioned double bedroom (23m²) with king size bed (can be twin), 3-seat bench, desk and bathroom with double sink, WC and bath with two shower heads
- Bedroom 5: ‘Sanglier Suite’ air-conditioned double bedroom (28m²) with king size bed (can be twin), bathroom with claw-foot bathtub, separate shower and WC and ante-room with one bed perfect for a child or teenager
- Bedroom 6: ‘Lavender Suite’ air-conditioned double bedroom (35m²) with king size bed, magnificent views over the vineyard and mountains, bathroom with double sink, WC and bathtub with shower and ante-room with twin beds
POOL HOUSE (located next to the pool and summer kitchen):
GROUND FLOOR (25m²):
- Sitting room
- Bedroom 7: ‘Waterfront’ mezzanine double bedroom (15m²) with double bed
- Shower room and WC
WHY WE LIKE IT: The magnificent, hill-top location, tennis court and large private swimming pool are some of the many attractions of this property. Ninth-century stone walls and medieval vaulted ceilings add a wonderful sense of history to a fabulously-equipped villa.