Deep in the heart of Pagnol and Giono's countryside, in a lovingly restored hamlet, is La Colline Fleurie. More than 20 hectares of preserved Provençal landscape surround three independent, beautifully renovated farmhouses, with two swimming pools and private spa. Nearby is the striking medieval village of Viens, and its charming café restaurant 'Le Petit Jardin' where locals gather for a splendid lunch or dinner in the garden.
Enjoy cultural excursions in Aix-en-Provence, the capital of Provence, less than an hour and a half away. Closer to home is the the village of Simiane la Rotonde, only a few minutes' drive away. Here one can enjoy a concert in a Roman rotunda during the annual music festival in August. Nearby sporting activities include; walking in the dramatic Gorges d'Oppedette, riding, rock climbing and golf. There is a separate barn, used for group yoga, and large events/gatherings.
The accommodation forms part of an estate that includes another former hamlet, Villa Thyme as well as the charming villas; Villa Sage and La Maison Oppedette. All have been lovingly restored and feature in our portfolio. The property owners have also spent years nurturing the estate's organic vines and the resulting vineyard boasts 11 organic wines and an impressive architecturally designed winery and restaurant. Guests at La Colline Fleurie can take a tour of the vineyard, dine at La Terrace restaurant or order cooked meals from the restaurant to be enjoyed in the villa.
This charming rustic hamlet provides simple rustic interiors in accommodation set over three adjoining properties.
LA MAISON DU BERGER
Note: Shared swimming pool with La Maison Rose
- Kitchen with dining area
- Living area with open fire place
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower and bath. Direct access onto garden terrace and pool.
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom with shower. Please note the sloping roof and separate WC.
LA MAISON ROSE
Note: During high and peak times, Maison Rose and Maison du Berger cannot be rented individually. They share a swimming pool. During low and mid seasons, each property can be rented separately.
- Provençal gourmet kitchen overlooking courtyard
- Double salons with doors open onto terrace
- Second terrace shaded by ancient fig tree
- Shared swimming pool with Maison du Berger
- Bedroom 1: Twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: King size bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Private terrace.
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower.
LA GRANDE MAISON
Note: Can be rented separately from La Maison Rose and La Maison du Berger at any season, and has a private pool.
- Spacious kitchen, living room with large open fireplace, open onto terrace
- Wooden dining table which can accommodate 20 guests
- Private boules court
- Private Swimming pool
- Bedroom 1:Twin bed and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Master' King size bed and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 5: Queen size and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 6: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom ( Please note this bedroom is reached via separate external acccess).
WHY WE LIKE IT: A fantastic family property with great facilities in a stunning location