Deep in the heart of Pagnol and Giono's countryside, in a lovingly restored hamlet, is La Colline Fleurie. More than 20 hectares of preserved Provençal landscape surround three independent, beautifully renovated farmhouses. Nearby is the striking medieval village of Viens, and its charming café restaurant 'Le Petit Jardin' where locals gather for a splendid lunch or dinner in the garden.
Enjoy cultural excursions in Aix-en-Provence, the capital of Provence, less than an hour and a half away. Closer to home is the the village of Simiane la Rotonde, only a few minutes' drive away. Here one can enjoy a concert in a Roman rotunda during the annual music festival in August. Nearby sporting activities include; walking in the dramatic Gorges d'Oppedette, riding, rock climbing and golf.
LA MAISON DU BERGER
Note: Shared swimming pool with La Maison Rose
- Kitchen with dining area
- Living area with open fire place
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower and bath. Direct access onto garden terrace and pool.
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom with shower.
LA MAISON ROSE
Note: During high and peak times, Maison Rose and Maison du Berger cannot be rented individually. They share a swimming pool. During low and mid seasons, each property can be rented separately.
- Provençal gourmet kitchen overlooking courtyard
- Double salons with doors open onto terrace
- Second terrace shaded by ancient fig tree
- Shared swimming pool with Maison du Berger
- Bedroom 1: Twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: King size bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Private terrace.
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower.
LA GRANDE MAISON
Note: Can be rented separately from La Maison Rose and La Maison du Berger at any season, and has a private pool.
- Spacious kitchen, living room with large open fireplace, open onto terrace
- Wooden dining table which can accommodate 20 guests
- Private boules court
- Private Swimming pool
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3: Master' King size bed and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower.
Gardens: Blossoming thyme and sarriette growing abundantly. Leafy fig trees provide shade from the intense summer sun.
Views: Sweeping views over a dramatic countryside marked by calcified ochre slopes and the dominating remains of a castle perched high in the hills.
Why we like it: A fantastic family property with great facilities in a stunning location.