Browsing the Sunday morning antique markets is one of the highlights of any visit to Provence. The epicentre of France's antiques trade, the markets offer an Aladdin’s cave of treasures and collectibles to traders and enthusiastic amateurs alike. Located within easy reach of the action is the Mas de la Motte, a magnificent country house set in 65 acres of grounds, with spacious and stylish interiors showcasing more than a few pieces sourced at the local markets.
With origins in the 18th century, the property has been renovated and furnished to an exceptional standard. Comfortably accommodating up to 16 guests and with a full staff including Concierge, housekeepers, wait-staff and chef, the luxurious Mas feels like an exclusive private estate, with the discrete and impeccable service of a first-class hotel.
Accommodation is divided between the main house, with seven bedrooms, and adjacent guest house with a further two bedrooms. Formal grounds surround the property, neat lawns edged with clipped box hedging, and rose-laden arches leading to dining terraces and a 16m x 6m gated pool. A flood-lit tennis court, pétanque court, and gym equipment are also provided.
Spacious living areas, a formal dining room, breakfast and family rooms occupy the ground floor of the main house, including a fabulous orangerie with dining for up to 22 guests.
The first-floor features seven bedrooms, five with en-suite bathroom, and two sharing a Jack and Jill bathroom. All bedrooms have views over the gardens, pool and surrounding countryside. A separate guesthouse has an en-suite bedroom on the ground floor, plus a south-facing terrace. A first-floor bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, and views over olive orchard to the tennis court.
Bedrooms are attractively decorated in Provencal florals, with a compelling invitation to throw open the shutters to welcome in the sunlight and the fragrant scents of the South of France.
- Spacious living room
- Large dining room with seating for 18 guests
- Family room
- Large country kitchen with family dining area
- Orangerie with Herve Baume dining table seating 22 guests
- TV room with Xbox and Apple TV
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with king size canopy bed of embroidered Pierre Frey fabric, antique fireplace, sitting area, bathroom and views over the main gardens and pear orchard
- Bedroom 2 (Chambre Fontaine): Second master bedroom with king size canopy bed of Pierre Frey fabric, original fireplace, sitting area with sofa, bathroom, and views of the main gardens
- Bedroom 3 (Chambre Poirier): Double bedroom with king size bed, Pierre Frey fabric, antique sofa, bathroom and views of the original barn, surrounding gardens and pear orchards
- Bedroom 4 (Chambre Jacques et Georges): Double bedroom with king size bed, original exposed ceiling beams, small sitting area, Pierre Frey fabric, antique chests, bathroom and views of the original barn and surrounding gardens
- Bedroom 5 (Chambre Samantha): Double bedroom with queen size bed, Pierre Frey fabric, sofa, bathroom and views of the gardens and Rhône River
- Bedroom 6 (Chambre Audrey): Double bedroom with queen size bed, Pierre Frey Oriental fabric, dressing table, large Jack and Jill style bathroom (shared with Chambre Marguerite) and views of the gardens and Rhône River
- Bedroom 7 (Chambre Marguerite): Original master bedroom of the house with queen size bed, beautiful painted antique dresser, Pierre Frey fabric, large Jack and Jill style bathroom (shared with Chambre Audrey) and views over the gardens and the pool
- Gym with weights, Pilates Reformer, Cybex, 2 Peloton bikes and Ellipticall
- Bedroom 8 (Chambre Lavande): Double bedroom with American queen size bed and doors to the garden and small private patio. Ensuite bathroom with large marble shower, separate toilet and doors opening onto the south facing private patio
- Cosy sitting room
- Bedroom 9 (Chambre Olivier): Double bedroom with American queen size bed, reading corner and views of the olive trees and gardens. Ensuite bathroom with large bath tub, separate shower, toilet, and French doors opening south over the gardens