The village of Eygalieres has many little cafes and a striking 17th century Chapel. The nearby villages of St Remy and Maussane, also have buzzing restaurant terraces and shaded main squares which are quintessential of the region.
In the heart of Provence and just a 15-minute walk the local village is Mas Eygalieres, a smartly renovated country house with a stretching garden. Spacious and comfortable, Mas Eygalieres has four double bedrooms spread across two buildings. The main house has an open-plan living space with modern kitchen, dining table and living room with an open fireplace. Large French doors lead directly out into the garden and towards the guest house.
The guest house is accessible across the garden, with its own sun terrace. The living space includes a kitchenette, dining table and comfortable sofa with two bedrooms and the cottage is ideal for families with older children as the twin room is on a mezzanine level.
The outdoor spaces include a shaded terrace with seating and large sun loungers as well as a covered dining area for al fresco lunches out of the heat of the sun. At the centre of the garden is a 14m swimming pool which has its own comfortable seating and can be heated on request. There is also a trampoline in the garden. Beyond the garden of olive trees the view extends across the surrounding countryside, with the village of Eygalieres only 15-minutes away by foot.
The property can also be rented as a 3-bedroom villa, without the guest house, in mid and low seasons.
- Large open-plan living area with fireplace
- Dining area and adjoining modern kitchen
- Office space with desk
- Bedroom 1: Ground floor double room with queen bed and en-suite with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double room with queen bed
- Bedroom 3: Double room with twin single beds
- Bathroom with bathtub and separate WC
- Living room with small dining table
- Bedroom 4: Double room with queen bed and en-suite with shower
- Bedroom 5: Double mezzanine room with twin single beds, accessible by stairs
- Separate WC
WHY WE LIKE IT: The location of Mas Eygalieres is perfect for those who want to live like locals, within easy distance to some of the most sought-after villages in the region including Eygalieres and Saint Remy de Provence.