Villa Thyme is located in the Alpes de Hautes Provence, a lesser-known region of Provence where wilder landscapes and medieval hilltop villages provide mere glimpses of its rich history. Delve deeper at Villa Thyme, a beautifully restored 16th century property created by a noble family as a base to oversee their vast agricultural lands below. Villa Thyme is located in the preserved Luberon Natural park, a buttress of natural beauty, between vibrant ochre cliffs and fragrant scrubland. Close to the dramatic Gorges d'Oppedette where hikes are not for the faint hearted, and where close-by adorable villages like Roussillon, Bonnieux, Ménerbes and Gordes continue to charm their visitors. The impressive landscapes will leave an impression on all who visit, as will the generosity of the people and the variety of the gastronomy. Welcome to a wilder side of Provence.
Villa Thyme has undergone several transformations throughout its time, each time increasing its beauty and comfort to the visitors. The décor has been chosen to compliment the same unique spirit of the property; noble woods, oak floors, exposed stone and beams, famous tiles from the legendary Vernin factory.Two independent houses offer extremely comfortable living spaces and 3 en suite bedrooms each. Both houses have a fully equipped kitchen and spacious living area with open fires for cooler nights. The furniture is a mix of locally sourced antiques, and is complemented by soft linens and high quality bedding.
- Bedroom 1: King size bed and en suite bathroom with shower, bath and double sinks.
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3: King size bed and en suite bathroom with shower and bath. Private access by outside stairwell.
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower. View on pool. No steps to access so ideal for older guests.
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 6: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower. View on pool and stone grange.
Gardens: A harmonious Provençal garden designed by a landscape artist with a deep respect for the past and natural scenery.
Views: The peaks of the Mont Lure on one side and the dramatic heights of the Mont Ventoux on the other. Enjoy expansive views over a rolling landscape unchanged since Napoleon's passing.
Why we like it: It's a perfect family property where authentic charm meets refined simplicity.