On the doorstep of the Luberon National Park, and set within an excellent wine estate between fragrant scrubland and mountain tops in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence region, lies Villa Thyme, a beautifully restored 16th century home with spectacular 360-degree views of rolling vineyards. This lesser-known corner of Provence will leave an impression on all who visit, as will the generosity of the people and the variety of the gastronomy. Nearby villages like Roussillon, Bonnieux, Ménerbes and Gordes continue to charm their visitors and alongside wild landscapes, provide mere glimpses into the rich history of the area.
Villa Thyme has undergone several transformations over the years, each time increasing in beauty and comfort to visitors. The décor has been chosen to compliment the same unique spirit of the property; noble woods, oak floors, exposed stone and beams, famous tiles from the legendary Vernin factory. The harmonious Provençal garden, with the peaks of the Mont Lure on one side and the dramatic heights of the Mont Ventoux on the other, was designed to honour the natural scenery and history of the land and features two swimming pools, a tennis court, boules court and delightful lavender fields. There are various delightful sitting and dining areas from which to enjoy the views, as well as opportunity for wellness activities such as massages and yoga sessions.
The property forms part of an estate that includes another converted hamlet, La Colline Fleurie as well as the charming villas, Villa Sage and La Maison Oppedette. All have been lovingly restored and feature in our portfolio. The property owners have also spent years nurturing the estate's organic vines and the resulting vineyard boasts 11 organic wines and an impressive architecturally designed winery and restaurant. Guests at Villa Thyme can take a tour of the vineyard, dine at La Terrace restaurant or order cooked meals from the restaurant to be enjoyed in the villa.
The property comprises three independent houses, all offering extremely comfortable living spaces. Maison Haute and Maison Basse both have 3 en suite bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens and a spacious living area with open fire for cooler nights. The third house, recently refurbished Le Mas de Sinety, boasts a further four en suite bedrooms, all of generous proportions with high ceilings, and a vast open planning living and dining area large enough to host all 20 of the domaine’s guests. The furniture is a mix of locally sourced antiques, and is complemented by soft linens and high quality bedding. The villa also has spa facilities with a jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, gym, relaxation room and massage rooms. Separate towels are provided for the bathrooms, spa and pool area, as well as spa robes and slippers.
- Living room (shared with Maison Basse)
- Kitchen with dining area
- Summer kitchen with gas BBQ
- Bedroom 1: King size bed and en suite bathroom with shower, bath and double sinks. (accessed via a separate winding staircase).
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3: King size bed and en suite bathroom with shower and bath, and sitting room. Private access by outside stairwell.
- Living room (shared with Maison Haute)
- Kitchen with dining area
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower. View on pool. No steps to access so ideal for older guests.
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Accessed via external staircase
- Bedroom 6: King size bed (or twins) and en suite bathroom with shower. View of pool and stone grange. Accessed via external staircase
LE MAS DE SINETY:
- Very large living room with open fire
- Dining room for 20 guests
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 9: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 10: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
SPA HOUSE :
Bedroom 11: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (external separate access)
Bedroom 12: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (external separate access)
WHY WE LIKE IT: The attention to detail is immaculate, as is the service, especially food services. This is a perfect villa for foodies, wine aficionados and wellness lovers.