South West France is world famous for its rich architectural heritage. The undulating landscape of vineyards is punctuated by impressive castles and grand houses and rivers have carved their way through the landscape over thousands of years, forming wide, sweeping valleys. Nestled away amongst the valleys and streams in this enchanting region is the La Colline Bleue, a luxuriously renovated 5-bedroom 18th century farmhouse, the perfect base from which to discover the area's fascinating culture.
Explore the underground cellars, cloisters and monolithic churches in nearby St. Émilion or hop in the car for a visit to the Island d'Oléron and the Marennes basin, located on the Atlantic coast, where you can enjoy unspoilt wilderness, hike up great sand dunes, and have perhaps the best oysters you'll ever eat from Arcachon Bay. The nearest town is Branne, which is a seven minute drive, where there is a collection of shops including a butchers, fish monger and boulangerie.
Set within one hectare of beautifully maintained gardens, La Colline Bleue has an array of fantastic outdoor features, perfect for sunny days. There is something for everyone from outdoor games, al fresco dining terraces and barbecue facilities to a Pétanque court, children’s play area and a unique 16m x 4.5m heated and fenced swimming pool set in an ancient stone quarry. Huge golden blocks of stone provide an ideal spot for sunbathing.
The interiors are a mix of antique and modern and there are two bright and comfortable living areas with large French doors providing great garden views. One has a working fireplace which is an ideal retreat on chilly spring and autumn days. The house features a 36m2 semi-professional kitchen with a large dining area, and a well-equipped outdoor kitchen and summer terrace.
- 36m2 gourmet kitchen with 3 metre long dining table
- Two spacious living areas
- Bedroom 1: Master suite with king size bed and ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and Italian shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with queen size bed and ensuite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with queen size bed and ensuite bathroom with shower over bath
- Bedroom 4: Children’s bedroom with four single beds, exposed, low wooden beams and shelves stocked with games and children's books
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom with queen size bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, shared with bedroom 4
WHY WE LIKE IT: A luxurious retreat with a truly unique swimming pool, close to award-winning vineyards, excellent restaurants, and enchanting castles.