A morning café au lait and perhaps a gourmandise or two at the Bar de la Poste is a daily ritual for many inhabitants of St Emilion. Some will lazily glance over the pages of Le Monde, while others share village gossip, reciprocated with a knowing nod of the head. Guests at Villa Saint Emilion may decide to make the Bar de la Poste part of their own daily ritual, afterwards exploring the honey-stone cobbled streets of St Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, before ambling back home with a baguette and a selection of local delicacies for lunch.
Villa Saint Emilion exudes French charm, with tiled floors, beamed ceilings and window shutters ready to be thrown open each morning. Girondaise architecture peeks through an ivy-covered façade, while views extend over rows of vineyard and across ancient city walls.
Cool contemporary interiors open onto enclosed gardens, with shaded dining area and swimming pool. Lawns are perfect for play or relaxation, and surround a large pool furnished with loungers and parasols.
Bedrooms are simply furnished but well-presented and airy and come with en suite bathrooms with luxurious rain showers.
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Queen size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Vineyard view
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Pool view, Vineyard view
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Garden and pool view
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Vineyard and garden views
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Garden and pool view
WHY WE LIKE IT: A high-quality property within walking distance of St Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and centre of the French wine trade.