Close to a mooring perfect for a little boat is Villa Castro. The smart and well put together property is located on the appealing northern coastline of Corfu, just 10 minutes' walk from Kassiopi village and five minutes from a beach and restaurants.
Overlooking a small quiet bay on a hillside scattered with olive orchards, the villa sits below the ancient ramparts of a castle ruin, from where walking trails lead in a variety of directions.
The gardens: Surrounding the spacious, five-bedroom property are gardens filled with white agapanthus, purple lavender and olive trees, as quintessential as the cicadas which provide the accompanying soundtrack. From all terraces and the infinity pool, Villa Castro provides a fantastic view over the northern seaside and coastline of Corfu.
The preferred mode of transport in northern Corfu is the outboard motor boat, providing access to otherwise unreachable scenic bays, hidden beaches and water-front tavernas. Boat life also captures the free-spirit essence of Greek island life; a life of simple pleasures, without constraint.
There is also an additional annexe with one double bedroom which is located across the courtyard. This is available for an additional cost.
Villa Castro is a modern and elegant property with bright and tastefully designed rooms in light colours.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Double bedroom with super king bed and en suite bathroom with shower on lower ground floor opening out onto a private balcony (this is the largest bedroom).
- Small bedroom with twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Indoor Jacuzzi bath and gym.
- TV room with large sofas
- Infinity pool and terrace
- Sitting room leading onto terrace with table for meals, seating area overlooking the pool.
- Kitchen leading onto side terrace with pizza oven and table and chairs for meals
- Bedroom with twin beds, en suite bathroom with shower and balcony
- Bedroom with twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower
- Double bedroom with king size bed, en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower and balcony with the best views over the bay
WHY WE LIKE IT: Villa Castro combines a perfect location with stunning views, its spacious outdoor area and elegant and modern interiors.