A luxury villa on the island of Crete, with pool and tennis court and views extending across the bay of Elounda. Less than a 10-minute drive away is the pretty harbour with a variety of restaurants, and within an hour are the ancient remains at Knossos, the fabled palace and labyrinth of King Minos and his son, the Minotaur. The property is private and secluded with wonderful gardens, filled with fragrant wildflower and olive orchards surrounding the villa.
The property is made up of a main house with six bedrooms and an adjacent guest house with a further two bedrooms. A path in the grounds leads down to the sea with a bathing platform and a private jetty, suitable for a small tender.
The villa can be taken on a self-catered or fully serviced basis. Prices shown below are for 16 guests self-catered – please ask us for upgrade options. The villa can also be booked during low season with the main house only, accommodating 12 guests - prices on request.
Bedrooms are classically decorated, comfortable and well-proportioned, all with en suite bathrooms with tubs or showers. There is a large, fully equipped kitchen, as well as spacious living areas and a games room with traditional snooker table.
French doors open on to a central courtyard, where a long table with flickering candles sets the scene for summer evening dining. A pool-side table dappled in shade is well positioned for lunches overlooking the bay, while several additional outdoor terraces and private bedroom balconies make great spots for escaping with a good novel and a glass of rosé.
- Bedroom 1: 'Master bedroom' with king size bed, a private balcony and two en suite bathrooms - one with a large shower room and the other with a jacuzzi bathtub
- Bedroom 2: 'Blue Room' with king size bed, en suite bathroom and balcony with sea views
- Bedroom 3: ‘Moroccan Room’ with two single beds (can be set up as king size bed), en suite bathroom and balcony
- Entrance hall leading to outdoor terraces
- Study/library with balcony
- Formal dining room seating 12 with access to outdoor terraces
- Kitchen with table seating 8-10 with outdoor breakfast table
- Laundry/pantry and W.C.
- Outdoor dining table seating 12 with large patio and sea views, adjacent to the living and dining room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Bedroom 4 and 5: ‘Gounalakis suite’ with two bedrooms, each with two single beds which can be converted into king size beds. These bedrooms share a living room and a bathroom with tub and shower attachment. They also have access to a covered terrace
- Bedroom 6: ‘Manolis suite’ with one bedroom with double bed and a separate sitting area with sofa-bed. En suite shower room and access to private terrace
- Games room with TV and antique billiards table and access to pool area
SEPARATE COTTAGE - 65 meters away from the main house
Two Bedroom Cottage - Accommodates 4 additional guests (16 guests in total with main house).
- Bedroom 7: Twin room with en suite bathroom with tub and shower attachment
- Bedroom 8: Double room with queen-size bed and small en suite shower room
- Located below the tennis court these two bedrooms share a kitchen, dining and living area
- 12m swimming pool, with heating available (supplement applies) and changing rooms with shower. Large furnished pool terrace with barbecue and outdoor dining area seating 12 guests
- Additional outdoor dining terrace adjacent from the main house
- Full size tennis court, boules court and croquet lawn
- Greek Orthodox private chapel with sea views
- Path to the sea with wooden platform with two sun loungers, a refrigerator and steps into the sea. Please note, this is a rocky area and in stormy weather the sea can be quite rough and dangerous.
Several balconies have low rails. Unprotected drops in the grounds, mean that young children must be supervised at all times. The sea can be quite rough and dangerous in inclement weather.