Built in tiers into the hillside on the pretty Elounda coastline on north-eastern Crete, the Blue Palace, Luxury Collection Resort & Spa is a delightful beachfront resort with stunning views out to the nearby island of Spinalonga. Justifiably proud of its renowned, award-winning spa and Thalassotherapy centre, the hotel also offers excellent watersports from its private beach, and children ages 3 to 12 are kept well-entertained at the Kids Club.
Over 250 spacious rooms, suites and villas at the Blue Palace feature sea views, and many also offer their own private plunge or infinity pools. There are three outdoor pools, a heated indoor pool, two tennis courts and five exclusive restaurants serving a variety of cuisine including traditional Greek/Cretan, Italian and Polynesian.
- Couples and honeymooners
- Spa lovers
Things to do at the resort:
- Enjoy a massage or treatment in the Elounda Spa and Thalassotherapy Centre
- Take a swim in the Aegean Sea or in one of the many outdoor pools
- Go diving, water-skiing, wake-boarding or snorkelling from the beach
- Play a game of tennis on one of the two floodlit tennis courts
- Work up an appetite in the gym
- Enjoy a mouth-watering range of cuisine in five different restaurants, including traditional Cretan
- Sip cocktails at sunset in the Arsenali Lounge
Things to do nearby:
- Enjoy a cruise on a traditional caique around the Gulf of Mirabello
- Visit the ruins on the nearby island of Spinalonga
- Explore the fishing village of Plaka is a 10-minute walk away
- Lake Voulismeni, bathing place of the Goddess Athena
- Visit Knossos Palace, centre of the great Minoan civilisation
- Stroll around bustling Agios Nikolaos, a 20 minute drive away
Access to the beach (which is pebble, not sand) is by funicular, which is a little slow on its journey back up to the hotel.