Those who find themselves tiring quickly in the Greek summer heat will have found their perfect spot at Canaves Oia Suites, the only property within the portfolio boasting easy elevator access to link its hillside levels – and its vertiginous infinity pool. Accommodation options are plentiful, from the spacious Junior Suites with combined plunge pool and Jacuzzi to the awe-inspiring sea views of the Infinity Pool Suite, and the indulgent Executive Suite, where you can cool off in your own shaded cave pool. Particularly striking is the River Pool Suite, its snaking pool allowing for seamless floating transitions between indoors and outdoors.
While spending the day relaxing in embrace of your magnificent suite is an obvious draw, a range of activities and experiences can be organised for those who find themselves getting restless. Head out into the blue on a yachting expedition, join a clifftop yoga session or drink in Santorini’s history as Greece’s premier wine-producing region with a tasting of the local vintages. Alternatively, recharge your batteries with a choice of indulgent treatments in Canaves Oia’s private spa.
Canaves Oia’s Petra restaurant serves innovative Greek cuisine in a dramatic cliff-edge setting. Feast under a twinkling canopy of stars on seasonal delights such as Katerini blue crab with pickled kohlrabi, and cod fricassee in a citrus sauce. Take things to the next level with an intimate couples’ meal on Canaves Oia’s on the breathtaking terrace jutting out over the caldera, or in the privacy of your suite.
- Couples and romantics
- Those seeking to be in the heart of the action
Things to do at the property:
- Take in the arresting views of Santorini’s caldera from the infinity pool
- Retreat to the intimate cave spa for a soothing massage and some time in the Rasul steam room
- Practise yoga against the backdrop of endless Aegean horizons
- Dine on exquisite modern Greek cuisine on Petra restaurant’s panoramic terrace
Things to do nearby:
- Stroll through Oia’s atmospheric central promenade, discovering charming cafes and tavernas
- Go wine tasing in the original Canaves cellar
- Charter a yacht to explore some of the nearby caves and hidden coves