Just ten minutes from the bustling town of Agios Nikolaos, Daios Cove infuses contemporary aesthetics with authentic character, allowing it to integrate seamlessly into its natural hillside setting overlooking the sea and pretty cove. With 300 beautifully-styled rooms and suites set around the resort's extensive grounds, this is by no means a small and intimate establishment, yet its superior standards of service and wide array of facilities make for a most enjoyable stay.
Most of the rooms feature their own private seawater pool yet there is also an outdoor infinity pool and separate children's pools to minimise disruption, not to mention its own private beach, blissfully lapped by the waves of the Aegean.
- Water sports and diving enthusiasts
Things to do at the property:
- Soak up the sun on the private sandy beach
- Outdoor infinity pool, indoor pool and children's pool
- A spot of tennis on one of the two courts
- Three restaurants - à la carte Greek Taverna and Italian restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant serving international cuisine
- Beach Bar and Crystal Box cocktail bar
- Indulge in a treatment at the hotel spa
- Finnish sauna and Thai massage studio
- Hairdressing salon and nail bar
- Fitness studio
- Yoga and pilates sessions
- Bar with free computers and internet access
- Water sports and scuba diving
- Children's club, play area and activity programme for teens
Things to do nearby:
- The fishing village of Plaka
- The island of Spinalonga
- Lake Voulismeni, bathing place of the Goddess Athena
- Knossos Palace, centre of the great Minoan civilisation
- Parents with very small children will find distances between rooms and central facilities a bit onerous.
- The Funicular that ascends from the beach moves quite slowly - better safe than sorry!