Eagles Resort rises high above the Mount Athos Peninsula on the coast of Halkidiki in northern Greece. A region renowned for its fine beaches, small fishing villages and mountains cloaked in green, Halkidiki still offers an authentic Greek experience, despite being popular with visitors during the summer months. The hotel itself lies on the outskirts of the picturesque fishing village of Ouranoupolis and is surrounded by lush gardens, olive and palm trees.
Palace rooms and suites are located either in the main building or in bungalows dotted throughout the gardens and along the beach, many offering a private pool and expansive terrace. The Villas are set behind the main resort and have their own main pool, bar and Lofos Restaurant. The choice of restaurants and facilities at Eagles Resort is extensive, and there are two kids' clubs, allowing parents some well-earned relaxation time in the spa or on the private beach.
- Families with children of all ages
Things to do at the property:
- Recline in the sun on the private sandy beach or by the pool
- SUP, pedalo, sea kayak or rent a boat at the fully equipped water sports and dive centre
- Try a pampering Elemis treatment or devote a whole day to the spa
- Dine by the sea at Armyra for Greek specialities and fresh seafood
- Take a speedboat to secluded Drenia Island to meet the goats and swim in the clearest waters
- Enjoy live music and cocktails at Eagles Club
Things to do nearby:
- Explore the nearby sleepy fishing village of Ouranoupolis
- Climb sacred Mount Athos to explore the oldest monastic community in the world
- Learn to dive with PADI certified instructors
- Charter a yacht and cruise around the beautiful coastline; the hotel can provide a delicious picnic to take with you
If you want to see Ouranoupolis come to life, come at Easter when this sacred little place bursts with religious festivities. Alternatively, autumn is quiet and peaceful, but often still warm.