Nestling high on a hillside in a little-visited corner of the beautiful Peloponnese, the Kinsterna Hotel is a stunning 13th century Byzantine/Ottoman mansion house, lovingly restored and renovated entirely in harmony with the landscape. From its vantage point, there are quite splendid views over the fairy-tale castle rock town of Monemvasia to the azure blue Aegean beyond.
The gastronomic restaurant serves fine Mediterranean cuisine featuring ingredients produced in the hotel grounds, including olive oil, citrus fruit and vegetables, all served with a contemporary twist and accompanied by fine boutique house wines from the mansion's privately owned vineyards. What is really unique at the Kinsterna Hotel is its signature river-like swimming pool, which has as its source, a freshwater spring that emanates from the hotel basement.
- A celebration longweekend for family and/or friends
Things to do at the property:
- Relax in the hotel's peaceful gardens and admire the views of the Aegean and Monemvasia Castle
- Dine in the hotel's wonderful restaurant or enjoy a drink on the bar terrace next to the pool
- Swim in the fabulous swimming pool with its source from a freshwater spring
- Enjoy a Hammam or a range of treatments in the spa
Things to do nearby:
- Visit the fairy-tale castle and rock city of nearby Monemvasia with its narrow cobbled streets and historic buildings
- Spend a day on the wonderful beach at Elafonissos
- Explore nearby Sparta and the fortress and churches of Mystras
- Take a cruise in the hotel's privateboat to visit isolated beaches such as Damos or the famous beach of Simos
- Cruise to the impressive port of Gerakas, the southernmost natural fjord of Europe or the Kastania caves with awe-inspiring
geological formations and colours
- Explore the hotel's estate on foot, following an excellent network of footpaths