Nestling high on a hillside in the beautiful Peloponnese, the Kinsterna Hotel is set in a stunning Byzantine mansion house, lovingly restored and renovated entirely in harmony with the natural landscape. From its vantage point there are quite splendid views over the fairy-tale castle rock town of Monemvasia and to the azure blue Aegean beyond.
The gastronomic restaurant serves fine Mediterranean cuisine featuring ingredients produced in the hotel grounds, including olive oil, citrus fruits and vegetables, all served with a contemporary twist and accompanied by fine boutique house wines from the mansion's privately owned vineyards. What is really unique at the Kinsterna Hotel is its signature river-like swimming pool, with a freshwater natural spring as its source.
- Families with older children
Things to do at the property:
- Relax in the hotel's peaceful gardens and admire the views of the Aegean and Monemvasia Castle
- Dine in the hotel's wonderful restaurant or enjoy a drink on the bar terrace next to the pool
- Take a dip in the fabulous swimming pool with its source from a freshwater spring
- Enjoy a Hammam or a range of treatments in the spa
- Explore the walking trails, go olive picking or learn about the wine-making process
Things to do nearby:
- Visit the fairy-tale castle and rock city of nearby Monemvasia with its narrow cobbled streets and historic buildings
- Spend a day on the wonderful beach at Elafonissos
- Explore nearby Sparta and the fortress and churches of Mystras
- Take a cruise in the hotel's private boat to visit isolated beaches such as Damos or the famous beach of Simos
- Cruise to the impressive port of Gerakas or the Kastania caves with awe-inspiring geological formations and colours