Formerly an atmospheric hamlet of cave-houses carved into Santorini's soft volcanic rock, Perivolas Lifestyle Houses have been lovingly transformed into distinct, unique rooms and suites offering wonderfully characterful accommodation. The property occupies a prime location just back from the popular village of Oia, on the lip of Santorini's celebrated caldera, and the owner has masterfully conserved the traditional elements of each house whilst transforming them into chic abodes with all the modern comforts. Sink into magnificently comfortable beds set on low, traditional sleeping platforms and admire the dazzling Aegean vistas. The panoramic view from the infinity pool is one you will find it difficult to tear yourself away from, even that is just to retreat to the shade of the Perivolas restaurant for a lunch of freshly-grilled calamares or other Greek and Mediterranean specialities.
Things to do at Perivolas Lifestyle Houses:
- Cool down in the infinity pool taking in the spectacular views
- Take a pampering spa treatment or relax in the sauna or Jacuzzi
- Burn off some energy in the fitness centre, or slow the pace with yoga on the deck
Things to do nearby:
- Stroll into central Oia or to the port of Ammoudi to dine on fresh seafood at Katina's taverna
- Ask friendly owner Kostis to take you out in one of his many boats to explore the local islands and go snorkelling
- Arrange guided excursions to some of the island's cultural attractions, such as the Minoan remains at Akrotiri
- Go wine-tasting in some of Santorini's high-quality wineries
- Go hiking, mountain biking or riding through pristine natural landscapes
- Take a swim from one of Santorini's famous black-sand beaches
- Children under 16 are not allowed.
- The rooms and suites are all cave-houses, built into the rock, so windows are all at the front.
- The hotel is closed throughout the winter.