The spa offers an impressive range of treatments for such an intimate hotel; Tibetan and Potli massages, Himalayan salt scrubs, Ayurvedic warm oil therapies and healing treatments to promote digestive health and improve sleep. Yoga and guided meditations can also be arranged upon request. Those looking to venture out will find one of the island’s most secluded beaches just a ten-minute walk from the hotel - request a gourmet picnic hamper and one can easily while away a few hours here. Further afield, Antiparos Town (or Chora) is a delight to stroll around; narrow streets lined with whitewashed houses and blue doors lead up to the remains of a fortified Venetian castle, and it is well worth lingering for dinner in one of the atmospheric tavernas to sample the regional specilality of mackerel grilled with fresh herbs. Taking to the water is equally enjoyable, with boat trips on offer taking in the island's natural sea caves and the archaeological remains on Despotiko island.
The Rooster’s 17 residences are furnished in local woods, fabrics and reclaimed marble, with design touches inspired by local artisans. Private pools, indoor / outdoor showers and in-room wine coolers come as standard, with views of either the gardens or the sheltered bay in the distance. The Suite category can accommodate two adults and a child in their open plan bedroom and living area, and they offer a delightful terrace for outdoor dining. Villas can accommodate up to five people in their two bedrooms with King-sized and twin beds - we particularly rate the Sea View Villas with their expansive terraces from which to enjoy the pool. The Farm House is a standalone, villa-style hideaway offering three bedrooms, Jacuzzi, plunge pool and generous indoor and outdoor living spaces and is located 1.5km from the main hotel.
There is no dedicated children’s programme at the hotel, but younger guests are still welcome at The Rooster. The restaurant offers a children’s menu, and babysitting can be arranged.
- Those seeking to disconnect in complete tranquillity
- Couples and romantics
- Nature and wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Cool down with a lap or two in your private pool looking out over the olive trees
- Restore your balance with a range of healing massages and Ayurvedic treatments in the spa
- Head out for an afternoon swim at Livadia beach, one of the most secluded spots on the island
- Visit the organic farm to hand pick seasonal produce and perhaps enjoy an outdoor cookery class
- Find inner calm with a range of yoga classes, meditation and sound healing
- Feast on the freshest farm-to-table cuisine at the atmospheric restaurant
- Take in the views of sun dipping over the hills from the hotel bar
- Enjoy a romantic evening under the twinkling lights of the Secret Garden
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Stroll through Antiparos Town’s historic centre with its charming tavernas and Venetian castle
- Take a boat trip to the uninhabited island of Despotiko to discover its pre-Roman ruins and pristine beaches
- Marvel at some of the oldest stalactites in Europe in the Antiparos Cave
- Enjoy a boat tour along the coastline taking in the island’s remarkable sea caves