The Hosue of Healing offers an impressive range of treatments for such an intimate hotel; Potali massages, Ayurvedic warm oil therapies and healing treatments to promote digestive health and improve sleep. Morning yoga is complimentary and guided meditations can also be arranged upon request. Those looking to venture out will find one of the island’s most secluded beaches just a ten-minute walk from the hotel - request a gourmet picnic hamper and one can easily while away a few hours here. Further afield, Antiparos Town (or Chora) is a delight to stroll around; narrow streets lined with whitewashed houses and blue doors lead up to the remains of a fortified Venetian castle, and it is well worth lingering for dinner in one of the atmospheric tavernas to sample the regional specilality of mackerel grilled with fresh herbs. Taking to the water is equally enjoyable, with boat trips on offer taking in the island's natural sea caves and the archaeological remains on Despotiko island.
The Rooster’s 16 houses are furnished in local woods, fabrics and reclaimed marble, with design touches inspired by local and international artisans. Private pools, indoor / outdoor showers and in-room wine coolers come as standard, with views of either the gardens or the sheltered bay in the distance. The one-bedroom homes can accommodate two adults and a child in their open plan bedroom and living area, and they offer a delightful outdoor area for dining. The two-bedroom houses can accommodate up to five people in their two bedrooms with King-sized and twin beds - we particularly rate the sea view ones with their expansive terraces from which to enjoy the pool. The Farmhouse is a standalone, villa-style hideaway offering three bedrooms, plunge pool and generous indoor and outdoor living spaces and is located 1.5km from the main hotel.
There is no dedicated children’s programme at the hotel, but younger guests are still welcome at The Rooster. Activities from cooking classes to children's yoga at the House of Healing can be arranged. The restaurant offers a children’s menu, and babysitting on request.
- Those seeking to disconnect in complete tranquillity
- Couples and romantics
- Nature and wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Cool down with a lap or two in your private pool looking out over the olive trees
- Restore your balance with a range of healing massages and Ayurvedic treatments in the spa
- Head out for an afternoon swim at Livadia beach, one of the most secluded spots on the island
- Visit the organic farm to hand pick seasonal produce and perhaps enjoy an outdoor cookery class
- Find inner calm with a range of yoga classes, meditation and sound healing
- Feast on the freshest farm-to-table cuisine at the atmospheric Secret Garden restaurant
- Take in the views of sun dipping over the hills from the hotel bar
- Enjoy a romantic evening under the twinkling lights of the Secret Garden
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Stroll through Antiparos Town’s historic centre with its charming tavernas and Venetian castle
- Take a boat trip to the uninhabited island of Despotiko to discover its pre-Roman ruins and pristine beaches
- Marvel at some of the oldest stalactites in Europe in the Antiparos Cave
- Enjoy a boat tour along the coastline taking in the island’s remarkable sea caves