The attention to detail throughout the villa hints at the nine-year labour of love for the Neapolitan family who acquired Il Maniero and brought it back to charming life with splashes of gold leaf, hand-painted tiles, carved rosewood and the finest handmade linens. Marble-finished en suite baths have been carefully designed for privacy and comfort within the original high-ceilinged bedrooms.
The courtyard is Il Maniero's signature gathering space, perfect for taking in the breathtaking coastal views whilst dining. Fragrant lemon and olive trees plus the surrounding organic vegetable and herb gardens are abundant with fresh produce through the season. The pool terrace is the perfect spot for a post-lunch siesta, or you may prefer to retreat to the shade of the wisteria shaded pergola while the children expend their excess energy in the play area on the lower terrace.
The villa’s location in hillside Furore, situated between Positano and Ravello, is ideal for those seeking a quieter experience of the Amalfi coast. The small village of Furore is easily accessible should you need to stock up on supplies or enjoy dinner in the utterly charming local enoteca. Alternatively head down to the water's edge at the intimate harbor of Praiano for a spot of paddle boarding, kayaking or a refreshing glass of wine by the beach. Multiple hiking options are to be found in the nearby hills, including the appropriately named ‘Walk of the Gods’, or hop in the car for an afternoon exploring Positano or the wineries of Tramonti.
- Courtyard with al fresco living / dining room & shaded seating areas
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room
- Living room with television & working fireplace
- Informal terrace for casual dining
- Quad bedroom : two king/twin beds for children and nanny or parents, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Separate entrance with a double bed, two toilets and a walk-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 1 : King-sized bed, en suite bathroom with bath tub, private balcony
- Bedroom 2 : King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Loft-style with Queen-sized bed and curtained bathing area
WHY WE LIKE IT: Il Maniero introduces a whole new aspect to life on the Amalfi coast, in a tranquil hillside community surrounded by nature. The region’s alluring harbours, atmospheric towns and abundant wineries are all on hand when you need them, but it is always a delight to return the complete serenity of this intimate and welcoming villa.