Within the villa it becomes clear that this a much-loved family home, dotted with personal items and heirlooms, and furnished in colourful shades and fabrics. The layout works very well for two or four couples and, for larger groups, the accompanying house Il Galletto can be added to the reservation providing additional accommodation for up to six guests. Stepping into the gardens, the temperate year-round climate is hinted at by palm trees, cacti, pomegranate and fig trees, while bursts of lavender and roses provide fragrance and colour. A wide, west-facing pergola, crisscrossed with wisteria and jasmine, is set with a dining table and chairs for leisurely outdoor dining. To the south, a covered loggia is also set for dining, and a path through an olive grove brings you to the delightful swimming pool and terrace. The open lawn above offers ample space for children to play, as well as enchanting sea views.
Villa Il Campo is superbly situated for a diverse, mobile itinerary exploring both the north and south coasts of the Penisola Sorrentina. Being able to drive to right from the house is an important and distinguishing feature of Villa Il Campo, not always a given in this region, and an aspect which facilitates easy enjoyment of an Amalfi Coast itinerary including the opportunity to tackle the 'vertical city' of Positano. For non-driving days, a bustling village can be found just a short walk away - for shopping, catching a boat or enjoying a meal at the delightful family trattoria. Strolling a little further leads to a large public park with tennis courts and a huge pool with waterslides, meaning even the youngest visitors will find something to amuse them in this charming corner of Amalfi.
- Spacious living room
- Kitchen with access to dining pergola
- Master bedroom: Double bedroom (king) with garden and distant sea views. En suite bathroom.
- Outdoor terrace with seating and sea views
- Olive: Double bedroom (king / twins), dressing room, en suite bathroom
- La Tatta: Single bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Azzura: Double bedroom (king / twins) with en suite bathroom
- Verde: Double bedroom (king / twins) with en suite bathroom
Private suite set just below the house with garden access and offering one double bedroom (king or twin beds), living room with option to add single bed, fridge & bathroom.
- Large living room opening to lawn
- Dining room opening to dining pergola
- Kitchen with adjacent pantry
- Verde: Double bedroom (king / twins) with sea view
- Rubino: Double bedroom (king / twins) with sea view. En suite bathroom
- Arancio: Double bedroom (king / twins) with en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: This is a villa that combines a truly welcoming feel with remarkable ease of access for getting out and exploring the countless attractions of the Amalfi coast and Sorrentine Peninsula.