Prominently perched overlooking the crystal Tyrrhenian waters below, Villa Maiori is ideal for larger parties looking for archetypal Amalfi charm, a dramatic setting and that extra level of privacy. Set within a larger private estate, Maiori is encased by its own intriguing gardens and engulfed by the heady scents of lemon and pine, but the highlight is most probably the path that zigzags down the hillside leading to your own private cove. The interiors are meticulous, crisp-white walls are brought to life by charming antique furniture, oil artwork, vibrant fabrics, intricate tiling and the odd timely splash of modern design. Huge plate glass windows provide superb unending views over the coastline and waters below and the various panoramic terraces located all over the property provide numerous different alfresco options in which to sit, read, eat, drink and enjoy them.
In terms of "impressive settings", it's pretty hard to top Villa Maiori. Possibly not the ideal setting for energetic toddlers (or adults with vertigo), but the location is undeniably spectacular. Detached bedroom annexes provide a welcome sense of privacy, yet the main hub of the villa is teeming with stunning terraces, heavenly places to chill out and marvel at the enormity of the surroundings.
The accommodation of Villa Maiori is split between the main watchtower and four delightful annexes, all discreetly and well positioned throughout the grounds.
- Watchtower: Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and access to a private terrace with solarium, outdoor shower and splendid views.
- Annexe 1: Situated next to the watchtower. Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and views straight out to the sea.
- Annexe 2: Situated near the swimming pool. Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and charming terrace.
- Annexe 3: Also close to the swimming pool. Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and charming terrace.
- Annexe 4: Located in a lovely private setting, a bit further away from the other units. One double bedroom and one twin bedroom with a shower room and wonderful terrace perched high above the sea.