The Centurion Palace building itself dates back to 1892 although the beautiful traditional Venetian Gothic exterior belies its interior, which exudes contemporary elegance. The 50 rooms and suites are decorated in warm bright colours with huge mirrors and careful use of specially selected antique pieces.
Present day Venice seems to have more than its share of luxury palace hotels all vying for the title of most faithfully renovated and restored palazzo. Refreshingly, the Centurion Palace does not fall into this category. Positioned across the water from St Mark's Square, almost next door to the landmark Santa Maria della Salute in the arty Dorsoduro district close to the art galleries and museums, the Centurion Palace's fabulous location is an undoubted trump card for art lovers and those seeking a peaceful yet easily reached base away from the hubbub of the tourists on St Mark's Square. Many of its 50 luxurious, contemporary rooms and suites overlook the Grand Canal.
- Art lovers
Things to do at the property:
- Dine in the refined Antinoo restaurant with its impressive views of the Grand Canal
- Enjoy a coffee or a cocktail on the terrace and watch the Grand Canal traffic
- Sip a limoncello in the hotel's peaceful private courtyard
- Work off the excesses of wonderful Italian cuisine with a visit to the hotel's fitness centre
Things to do nearby:
- Visit the art galleries and museums just a short stroll away
- Take a gondola ride and glide past Venice's fabulous architecture
- Enjoy a delightful boat trip to visit the charming artisan islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Meander over to St Mark's Square, Venice's only piazza, with its magnificent Doge's Palace and awe-inspiring basilica