As one of Europe's greatest cites to explore on foot, the Savoy's location in the heart of it all, has to be one of its greatest attributes, but it's far from being its only draw card. The hotel's restaurant, Irene, overseen by Rocco Forte's two Michelin-starred, consultant chef, Fulvio Pierangelini, and its atmospheric little bar spill out onto the Piazza Della Repubblica in summer months providing wonderful atmosphere in a spot that has few peers for people watching.
The hotel and its rooms have a great sophistication about them while at the same time managing to remain understatedly elegant. The staff are charming and extremely helpful and there's even a little fitness centre and a steam room to keep you in trim while you are there.
- Families of all ages
- Art lovers
- History buffs
Things to do at the property:
- Dine at the excellent Irene restaurant and bar
- Top-floor fitness centre overlooking the Duomo
Things to do nearby:
- All the major Renaissance landmarks: the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio and countless others
- The artistic treasures of the Uffizi Gallery, Accademia, Pitti Palace and Bargello Museum
- Shopping along the Via Tornabuoni and Via Vigna Nuova
- Pisa, Lucca, Siena and the Chianti wine region all make for easy day excursions