Food and drink is at the heart of Il San Corrado di Noto. Head chef Paolo Gionfriddo is one of the leading lights in Italian cuisine, known for both his intricately prepared dishes and devotion to locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Principe di Belludia, the resort’s gourmet restaurant, takes you on a gastronomic journey through the bounty of Sicily’s land and sea with each dish springing new surprises. For more relaxed dining, there’s Osteria Casa Pasta, serving traditional ‘farmer’s table’ Sicilian dishes with bold modern twists, while wine-lovers can go on a sensory tour of the island’s unique vineyards in the Cantina Sicilia wine cellar.
Despite its location among hills swathed in olive groves and ancient vineyards, Il San Corrado di Noto’s Beach Club, is just a short shuttle ride away. This private stretch of soft white sand, sat where rolling, tree-covered headlands meet the piercingly blue Mediterranean waters, offers refreshing swims, boat trips and the chance to soak in the warm Sicilian sun.
Il San Corrado di Noto’s 26 suites and eight villas provide guests with plenty of options. For couples, there are Deluxe, Junior and Premium suites, plus two exclusive Pool Suites for those in search of even more privacy. There’s also a selection of three-berth suites, while the villas are perfect for larger groups. The Premium Pool Villa Pool Suite is a particular highlight. Located in the former residence of Prince Nicolaci himself, it offers stunning views over the olive groves from its secluded terrace. Whatever you choose, you’ll find stylish living spaces crafted from smooth Modica limestone and warm local wood, awash with luxurious touches like Italian marble bathrooms and canopied beds draped in white Frette linen.
- Couples and romantics
- Cultural travellers
- Those in search of peace and tranquillity
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Cool off in the 840 square metre green pool or swim lengths of the heated blue lap pool
- Enjoy a range of indulgent spa treatments with fragrant Sodashi skincare products
- Centre yourself with a serene session in the exclusive yoga pavilion
- Sample authentic flavours of Sicily in the resort’s two restaurants and dedicated wine cellar
- Build up an appetite in the fully-equipped fitness centre
- Work on your tennis game with help from the resort’s professional instructor
- Soak up the sun at the private Beach Club
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore caves and reefs with a boat trip along the Sicilian shore
- Experience the world-famous Baroque architecture of Noto and its surrounding towns
- Enjoy tastings of local produce like wine, cheese, olive oil, almonds and chocolate
- Take an expedition to forage for truffles