Mezzatorre is built around a 16th Century watchtower overlooking the rocky northen coast of Ischia. Today, the ochre walls rise out of a seven-hectare carpet of coastal scrub and subtropical vegetation. From much of the grounds, there are views as far as Vesuvius. Inside, the hotel has a grand but tasteful style that befits its five-star status.
The 45 rooms and 12 suites are spread between the characterful historic tower and the gardens, with views over the greenery or down to sea. Some are particularly worth considering. The modern Open Plan Suite Park has a lovely sea-view terrace with whirlpool and an extra sofa bed in the living area that can accommodate two children. The Bellevue Suite is a smart new panoramic suite on one of the top floors of the tower, with a stunning sunny terrace over the sea and a panoramic bath. Grand Suites in the Tower are the most neutral and elegant in style, with stunning views of Montano Bay and bathrooms with Jacuzzi bath tub. The Bungalow Family Suite, meanwhile, is a real home-from-home in the gardens ideal for those looking for a quiet family hideout, with private garden, three bedrooms and home entertainment systems.
Things to do at the property:
- Head to the heated seawater pool on the terrace overlooking the sea
- Enjoy a treatment or programme at the cliff-top medical spa
- Challenge your companions on the tennis court
- Take a jog on one of the beautiful coastal trails
- Dine in style at Chandelier fine dining restaurant
- Enjoy informal, fresh and speedy food on the pool terrace at Sciuè Sciuè
- Let the team arrange a romantic private dining experience
Things to do nearby:
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the island and the bay by motorboat
- Try a range of watersports nearby such as windsurfing, diving and snorkelling
- Take a guided excursion to nearby towns such as Naples, Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi
- Visit the island of Capri