Set in acres of private parkland along an enviable stretch of Sicily's southwest coast, Verdura is strikingly well-equipped for a variety of sporting activities. Now, parents can take some time to look after themselves knowing that their children are nearby and in safe-hands.
Verdura's 50 suites and 230 rooms were elegantly designed by Sir Rocco Forte's sister, Olga Polizzi, in fresh, contemporary, Sicilian style. Many accommodate additional beds for children and can be inter-connecting. Four restaurants and five bars offer a range of Sicilian specialities, fresh seafood and international cuisine with outdoor terraces and views of the sea or surrounding hills.
The fitness and leisure facilities on offer at the resort are extensive, and include and award-winning spa, tennis, golf and an array of watersports. Verdura also offers five health programmes - Fit, Slim, Detox, Anti-age and Relax - each of which can be booked for either three or six days. In advance of your stay you'll be asked to complete a detailed health questionnaire which practitioners at the resort will use to tailor your activities and nutrition accordingly.
- Outdoor adventurers
- Sports-mad teens
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy world-class treatments and facilities at the award-winning spa
- Take advantage of the gym, personal training and a full timetable of classes
- Get competitive with a game of tennis on one of the clay courts
- Learn to craft Sicilan pastas and pizzas at the culinary school
- Enlist active youngsters in a wealth of sports academies
- Play a round of golf at the 18-hole, Kyle Phillips championship course
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Explore one of the nearby ceramics workshops and learn from regional craftsmen
- Take a cycling tour through Agrigento's Valley of the Temples
- Learn to dive at Verdura's PADI dive centre
- Choose from a range of invigorating watersports including water skiing, paddle boarding and kite surfing
- Explore the elegant seaside resort of Sciacca
- Go riding along the beach or in the nearby mountains
- Take a helicopter flight over Mount Etna