The light and air of Lake Como flows freely through Villa di Torno’s fresh, elegant rooms. Multiple double doors invite guests to move seamlessly in and out to a balcony or terrace, and the view from each room is distinctive and enchanting. The villa can accommodate 16 guests in comfort with 12 in the main house and an additional four in the Mansarda, which is finished to an equivalent standard. The spacious lakeside conservatory is beautifully thought-out for relaxing as a group before dinner. The kitchen is spacious enough for multiple cooks to share in a hands-on cooking class, and the expansive front terrace extends from villa to water's edge, where stone steps lead to a private 'pontile' suitable for boat excursions. The outdoor dining pergola is covered with jasmine vine, while the back garden is beautifully landscaped and offers casual seating for eight. Returning to the front terrace, a stone-paved rectangle descends into water, magically revealing a swimming pool with the touch of a button. It allows for a child-friendly wading pool of no more than a few inches, or a full depth swimming with jets for adults.
The village of Torno is on the doorstep, its lovely lake-front piazza dotted with some small bars, a bakery, cheese shop and a gelateria. It is a quiet spot, but ideal for picking up provisions or enjoying a morning stroll and coffee. The town of Como is a short drive or boat ride away and offers plenty of charm, plus ample shops and restaurants. Chartering a Venetian skippered water taxi is one of the best ways to enjoy time around the lake. Take a shopping excursion to Bellagio, a guided tour of the lake’s famous villas and gardens, or a romantic evening ride to Comacina or Tremezzo for dinner.
- Living room (limonaia) with floor-to-ceiling windows and lake views
- Dining room opening to front terrace
- Fully-fitted kitchen opening to terrace
- Conservatory with ping-pong table and access to back garden
- Winter living room with television and access to balcony with views of lake
- Bedroom 1: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom with tub & dual vanity, private terrace overlooking lake
- Bedroom 2: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom, balcony access
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 5: Twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom
MANSARDA (on request, supplement applies)
- Living / dining room with access to lakefront terrace
- Bedroom 1: King-sized beds, en suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 2: King sized or twin beds, balcony access
WHY WE LIKE IT: For those who love living on the water, this villa is difficult to beat. The splendid lakefront terrace is star attraction, a simply irresistible place to watch all the comings and goings on Lake Como, enjoying leisurely meals, afternoon swims or sunset aperitivos.