La Civetta itself is a beautifully proportioned and well-appointed farmhouse so comfortably restored that you will immediately feel relaxed and at home. The humble life of its original inhabitants in the 1800s is barely visible today, remaining only in the graceful arches that define and enhance the double-sized living-dining room. Every room of the house has been touched by a recently completed major restoration, and a redecoration in a contemporary style.
The grounds of the villa were created by award-winning Arabella Lennox-Boyd, who thoughtfully designed multiple, distinct outdoor areas that can be enjoyed as a larger group together or with smaller, more intimate gatherings. A covered terrace runs the length of the south and east facades of the house and provides a charming outdoor dining area with soothing views to the west. The swimming pool includes a pleasing waterfall and is shaded by the cooling green canopy of a handsome old oak tree. A covered terrace wraps the house on two sides so one can stroll outside in the fresh morning air, cappuccino in hand, and settle comfortably with a splendid view. Past the lavender and rose-filled gardens lies a rich natural playground of olive groves and fruit trees, while the villa’s private access road to the beach leads through an area of woodlands and dunes. Back at the villa a tennis court offers opportunities for further exertion, and a spacious outdoor dining terrace is edged by a herb garden, the ingredients from which chef Cristina skillfully employs in her homely Tuscan creations.
- Spacious living and dining area opening to the gardens
- Camera Civetta: Double bedroom (king / twins) with access to covered terrace. En suite bathroom.
- Camera Principale: Double bedroom (king) with private terrace. En suite bathroom with bathtub.
- Camera Cinese: Double bedroom (queen), en suite bathroom with bathtub
- Camera Napoleone: Double bedroom (king / twins), en suite bathroom
- Camera Celeste: Double bedroom (king / twins)
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Camera Rossa: Double bedroom (king / twins), access to small terrace
- Camera Gialla: Double bedroom (king / twins), access to small terrace. En suite bathroom with bathtub.
WHY WE LIKE IT: La Civetta is a villa where guests will feel torn between spending relaxing days enjoying the wonderful facilities and beach, and setting out on adventures exploring the region’s wealth of attractions including atmospheric hill towns and award-winning wineries.