Two of southern Tuscany's finest gems are located within 15 minutes of the villa - Pienza and Montepulciano. Few spots are more rewarding than sitting al fresco at the La Posta bar opposite the Pienza Cathedral watching the world go by, happily feeling a million miles from home. Podere Caterina is set in its own 64 acres estate made up of olive groves, woodland, open fields with wildflowers in spring and early summer.
Surrounding the house are exceptional landscaped gardens, which lead down to a heated saline pool (12 x 6m) looking out over Mount Amiata. The pool area, with Travertine stone paving is completed with teak sun loungers, large parasols and plenty of space for badminton and table tennis. Other significant areas include two large courtyards, both with tables and chairs. Interiors are presented beautifully with hand-made terracotta tiled floors and pale-washed chestnut beamed ceilings. There is an ingenious underfloor heating and cooling system for comfort throughout the year. Bedrooms are all equipped with ceiling fans.
- Bedroom 1: First floor, large double bed 160 x 200 cm, en suite shower room with large walk-in shower and double basin.
- Bedroom 2: First floor, twin single beds, can be double, en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Bedroom 3: First floor, large double bed, 160 x 200 cm, en suite shower room with large walk-in shower and double basin
- Bedroom 4: First floor, large double bed 160 x 200 cm, separate bathroom with bath & hand-held shower, plus large walk-in shower
- Bedroom 5: First floor, single room with standard double bed, 140 x 200 cm, en suite bathroom with walk in shower