The description of the house in John Mortimer's famous book Summer's Lease might have been written to describe Podere Cipressi, but for the fact that the 13 x 7m pool is every bit as large as it looks in the photos! A masterful conversion of an ancient Tuscan farmhouse - a cavernous kitchen and vast drawing room with grand piano at one end, with characterful vaulted hallway ceilings, vast arched doorways and chestnut red shutters all cherished at the point of restoration. There are tiled floors, beamed ceilings, a bread oven and an obligatory collection of sun-hats on pegs in the entrance hall. Surrounded by thick green forestry and evocative castellated hilltops, Cipressi is as perfectly Chianti as it gets.
Podere Cipressi is culturally in the heart of Tuscany halfway between Florence and Siena. The property has modern, large bathrooms with a selection of stylish bathtubs and good working showers. The style is traditional, in keeping with its tile and stone clad floors and beautiful beamed ceilings. The spacious kitchen is the hub of the house with working fireplace and many doors and windows that can be thrown open to let in fabulous light. Outside the property is idyllic Chianti, with beautiful, well-tended gardens, pot plants, a lane of aromatic herbs, lawns and a wonderful kitchen garden. The stunning pool, with its pool house and terrace is in a perfect setting with plenty of room to take lunch or dinner, to while away the hours or cool off and there are several other outdoor spots with tables and chairs that are designed to take in the best light of the day and provide a variety of different aspects on the countryside.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Twin/Queen bedroom with an en-suite shower room
- Single bedroom
- Master bedroom, known as the West bedroom is the largest room with particularly fine views to the North, South and West. It has a King/Twin bed, and an en-suite bathroom with separate shower and tub
- The Torre Bedroom: has the best view to the North, East and West, with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. It can be warmer in summer, but rarely too hot as there is nearly always a breeze. There is canopy queen bed, private balcony (low wall) and a daybed in the lobby area outside the room
- The Fienile bedroom: has Twin/King beds and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub. It has great views to the East and West
- By the swimming pool there is an Annex with a Twin/King bedroom with en-suite shower room. This would be suitable for a teenager, or possibly staff. Its style is simpler than the other bedrooms.