Podere Cipressi is a masterful conversion of an ancient Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by the stretching castellated hilltops of Chianti. The property sits in the heart of Tuscany, halfway between Florence and Siena. Small rural towns are only a short drive away for local restaurants and shops, and the property is framed by beautiful countryside.
The interiors are traditional in style, with tiled floors, shuttered windows and arched doorways, with the high vaulted ceilings meaning that the indoor spaces feel light and airy. The spacious kitchen is the hub of the house with a working fireplace and large dining table, and the vast sitting room includes comfy seating and a grand piano at one end. The villa also has a separate dining room and a living room with doors leading to the outside dining loggia.
The bedrooms are spread across three floors and each of the double rooms has their own bathroom. The bathrooms themselves are modern and large with a selection of stylish bathtubs and showers. There is also a separate annex with a twin bedroom and en suite bathroom, which is simpler in design, but would be ideal for older children or staff.
Outside, the property enjoys beautiful, well-tended gardens, pot plants, aromatic herbs, lawns and a garden kitchen. The generous pool has its own pool house with an outdoor terrace, which is perfect for al fresco dining and evening drinks.
- Dining room with seating for ten people
- Fully-equipped kitchen with working fireplace
- Living room with comfortable sofas
- Fienile sitting room with beamed ceiling and grand piano
- Bedroom 1: Double room with king-size bed (can be converted to twins) with an en suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: Single room with double bed
- Sitting room with sofas
- Bedroom 3: Master bedroom with king-size bed (can be converted to twins) with an en suite shower room with tub
- Bedroom 4: Double room with queen-size bed, balcony and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. There is also a daybed in the lobby area outside the room
- Bedroom 5: Double room with king-size bed (can be converted to twins) and en suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 6: Double room with twin bed and en suite shower room. This would be suitable for older children, or possibly staff as its style is simpler than the other bedrooms
WHY WE LIKE IT: A home away from home, this villa offers an authentic experience for those looking to live like locals.