A short stroll up the road from Villa Chiocchio there's a wonderful old-fashioned trattoria that offers the most delicious grilled meats, a sensational tiramisu and provides an authentic delightful farmhouse sort of feel.
To continue the gastronomic theme there are of course dozens of sensational restaurants in the region and some of the country's most renowned wine estates. Equally Chianti villages offer a treasure trove of delicacies to bring home and enjoy in the comfort of your own private villa.
Chiocchio is without doubt both perfectly positioned for a quintessential Chianti experience and also comes with an armoury of attractive features.
It is an extremely well presented property set in 11 acres of beautiful grounds with a traditional cosy feel inside, but in this case cosy is not accompanied by fusty fabrics and dustiness, on the contrary Chiocchio is so well looked after that it belies its 12th century origins and offers Wi-Fi and air-conditioning in bedrooms. It is an appealing blend of comfort and elegance, large rooms brimming with character, rich colours, vaulted ceilings, large fireplaces, wood and terracotta. The library, drawing, billiard and dining rooms could all adorn the pages of any interiors magazine and the sensational country kitchen fills you with admiration.
With its lovely interiors, tennis court, stone lined-swimming pool, bocce court and Italian gardens it makes for a sensational Chianti experience.
- Bedroom 1: Single, en suite bathroom with bath and a wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 2: Twin/double with A/C, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double queen, en-suite bathroom with a bath and wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 4: Twin, shared bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: Twin/double with balcony. Shared bathroom with a bath and wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 6: Double king with A/C, en suite shower room. Private terrace