The property itself comprises the upper floors of the historic villa around which the wine-producing estate of Villa delle Vigne is centred. Guests have full access to the gardens, Piano Nobile and upper floors, leaving the ground floor to the offices and living space of other family members. The presence of the owners has its advantages, however, due to the gracious hospitality and attentive staff that come with it. This beloved estate is used year-round for hunting parties and family celebrations, meaning it is regularly maintained with the utmost attention-to-detail and plenty of creature comforts. Guests have all the privacy they need, but only have to ask to be accompanied on a tour of the estate to learn more about the wine production here and, of course, sample the produce.
The tasteful interiors of the villa have been fully modernised to a very high standard and benefit from amenities such as air conditioning, Sky television and a projector and screen in the salone for relaxing movie nights. Enjoy candlelit dinners in the refined dining room, or perhaps under the stars on the exquisite terrace illuminated by torch light every evening. In addition to the main terrace, shaded by camphor trees, an inviting swimming pool is set on the manicured lawns and an adjacent granaio has been repurposed to provide a comfortable outdoor living area offering shade from the midday sun plus refreshments area with drinks fridge. Days enjoying the surroundings of Villa delle Vigne are always a delight. Sleep in perhaps, then take coffee at leisure by the pool while the children try out every one of the readily available toys and outdoor games. Setting off for a drive with no agenda except a panoramic lunch spot and a reference list of wineries, farms and hill towns to visit just might be the perfect way to while away a few hours before returning to the estate once more, greeted by the ever-present panorama of the rolling Tuscan hills.
- Intimate living room for eight with television and working fireplace
- Large living area (converted ballroom) with space for 18, screen and projector for films
- Dining room with working fireplace
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Bedroom 1: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom with tub and dual vanity, television
- Bedroom 2: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Queen-sized four poster bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds, small en suite bathroom, children’s play tent and toys
- Bedroom 5: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7: Twin beds (combinable), en suite WC, freestanding bathtub in room
- Bedroom 8: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 9: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom with tub
WHY WE LIKE IT: Villa delle Vigne offers a remarkable insight into life on an authentic working wine estate, but in the utmost comfort and style. Time enjoying the wonderful pool and gardens or exploring the alluring towns en route to Siena or Florence is always well spent.