The whole area, known as the Valdera, renowned for its delicious wine, olive oil and truffles, is ripe for exploring, with a wonderful clutch of local restaurants to be found in the nearby hilltop villages. Neighbouring Lajatico, home to Andrea Bocelli, springs to life as evening approaches, tables and chairs appearing in the atmospheric little piazza and a local treasure trove of Tuscan recipes with sensational fresh ingredients starts to be served.
One of the region's star attractions is medieval Volterra, within 30 minutes of the villa, commanding its ranks of neighbouring hilltops, perched on ancient ochre-coloured ramparts with a delightful winding, maze of cobblestone streets, historic churches and delicious restaurants, gelateria and cafés.
Inside, the property is set over two floors, the top floor being dedicated to bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1: Kingsize bedroom suite with sitting room area, en suite bathroom with shower, has its own access to a pretty balcony with table and chairs, ideal to enjoy beautiful sunsets. This bedroom is accessed via a beautiful external stone staircase (15steps). This bedroom can also be accessed via one of the double/twin bedrooms, making it ideal as a family suite.
- Bedroom 2: King/ Twin, en-suite bathroom with shower - adjoining to bedroom 1
- Bedroom 3: King/ Twin, en-suite bathroom with bath tub and shower
- Bedroom 4: King/ Twin, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: King/ Twin, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6: King/ Twin bedroom suite with sitting room area, en-suite bathroom with shower, private covered terrace area, garden access via external staircase (there are also disabled facilities)
- Bedroom 7: King/ Twin, en-suite bathroom with shower, garden access
WHY WE LIKE IT: The pool is perfectly positioned to take in the wonderful Tuscan scenery, surrounded by beds of flowers and herbs, as well as an ample pool terrace with high quality umbrellas and pool loungers. The pool can be heated for shoulder season weeks and has gentle steps and a good shallow end for children. It is also fenced, which makes it much safer for young children and toddlers.