Villa Papavero's lovely, authentic exterior belies its well-conceived modern facilities - spacious bedrooms, en suite bathrooms with double basins and excellent showers (including one with a bath tub), air-conditioning throughout, a gated, salt water, heated pool and a superb pool house with bathroom and shower and separate outdoor shower, barbecue, kitchen and large covered dining table.
The property has been designed to be energy efficient, using geothermal heating and air-conditioning systems. The pool house has large ceiling to floor glass windows that can be fully opened or indeed closed according to weather conditions and preference. It's also very well equipped with brand new facilities that include a full kitchen set up with hobs, fridge and dishwasher and a large table that can seat up to 16 guests. There's also a set of glassware, crockery and cutlery here for convenience. For those who prefer to steer away from the hob and use a traditional wood oven and BBQ the pool house area also has these features and the BBQ has a grill.
The pool itself is perfectly positioned to take in the wonderful Tuscan scenery, surrounded by beds of flowers and herbs, as well as an ample pool terrace with high quality umbrellas and pool loungers. The pool can be heated for shoulder season weeks and has gentle steps and a good shallow end for children. It's also fenced which makes it much safer for young children and toddlers.
Inside, the property is set over two floors, the top floor being dedicated to bedrooms.
The bedrooms are spacious and well-proportioned - all come with air-conditioning, en suite bathrooms and nice views with carefully chosen high quality fabrics and colour schemes. The bedrooms are all configured as double rooms, but most can be converted into twin rooms on request. Windows are screened throughout the house so that they can be thrown open in the evenings to let the cool air flow through the house.
- Bedroom 1: Kingsize bedroom suite with sitting room area, en suite bathroom with shower, has its own access to a pretty balcony with table and chairs, ideal to enjoy beautiful sunsets. This bedroom is accessed via a beautiful external stone staircase (15steps). This bedroom can also be accessed via one of the double/twin bedrooms, making it ideal as a family suite.
- Bedroom 2: King/ Twin, en suite bathroom with shower - adjoining to bedroom 1
- Bedroom 3: King/ Twin, en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower
- Bedroom 4: King/ Twin, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: King/ Twin, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6: King/ Twin bedroom suite with sitting room area, en suite bathroom with shower, private covered terrace area, garden access via external staircase (there are also disabled facilities)
- Bedroom 7: King/ Twin, en suite bathroom with shower, garden access
The living space of the villa is around 570 sq meters/ 6,135 sq feet , consisting of open space living areas with comfortable seating for 14 guests. There's a separate dining area with a large extendable table seating 14 + guests, a fully equipped steel kitchen with 2 fridges, 1 freezer, 4 hobs and table sitting 6 people with beautiful marble top. There's direct access to garden and outdoor dining area with beautiful views, equipped with a beautiful wooden table seating 16 people. There's also a separate T.V. room with satellite TV/ DVD and a large flat screen TV.
Location: Located in the heart of the Valdera area with superb access to surrounding villages, Volterra, San Gimignano, Pisa, Lucca and Florence
Chianni 2.5 miles, Lajatico 6.5 miles, Volterra 18 miles; San Gimignano 23 miles; Pisa 26 miles; Lucca 27 miles; Florence 46 miles; Tuscan coast 28 miles: Closest Golf: Golf Club Castelfalfi 18 miles; Closest Tennis: Peccioli 9 miles