This luxury Umbrian villa is located close to the towns of Perugia and Todi and the famous wine region of Montefalco. Framing the farmhouse are cherry groves, undulating barley fields and a lovely view over the ancient town of Piedicolle, and guests can fully immerse themselves in the rural Umbrian lifestyle.
Mandola Piccola is ideal for groups of friends with four bedrooms of similar sizes, spread across two main building and all with en suite bathrooms and private terraces. The interiors are furnished in a classic farmhouse style with terracotta and concrete/resin floors, oak beams and cathedral ceilings.
Configured beautifully for groups of friends with 4 bedrooms of similar sizes, all with en suite bathrooms and private terraces, this property also suits families very well. The swimming pool, which is superbly positioned for spectacular views over the countryside has been designed with a nice shallow end with children in mind. In addition, there's Wi-Fi throughout, a Bose sound system and docking station and a large flat screen TV with Sky TV channels. There is also air-conditioning throughout and retractable insect screens on all windows. This is a high spec property and a lovely space. It has a classic modern country house feel with terracotta and concrete/resin floors, oak beams and cathedral ceilings.
- Dining area with a substantial pine table and Eames chairs - opens up onto the outdoors
- Modern kitchen, set out with a large side-by-side fridge, wide selection of All-Clad pots and pans and a superb stove and oven
- Living room with double-doors opening on three sides onto gardens and terraces and a superb hand carved limestone fireplace
- Smaller living room with double sofa bed
All bedrooms have a private bath and shower with extra large rainfall shower heads.
- Bedroom 1: Double canopy king size bed, French doors looking out to the valley, private terrace, en suite bathroom with shower and outdoor bath tub
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, French doors looking out to the valley, private terrace
- Bedroom 3: Queen-plus bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, French doors looking out to the valley, private terrace
- Bedroom 4: King or twin beds with private terrace and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
The outdoors of the property are superb - consisting of pretty gardens, numerous terraces, including one outside of each bedroom and the living room, which has an oak-beamed pergola covered in white wisteria. The lovely herb gardens contain sage, basil, rosemary and bay; in the broader grounds there are fig trees (sometimes perfectly ripe for breakfast), as well as walnuts and cherries and emblematic cypresses neatly divide up the skyline and add to the atmosphere. For cooler evenings outside of the high summer weeks there's an outdoor fireplace, which multi-tasks as a grill for bistecca and bruschetta
The extensive stone swimming pool has a maximum depth of 1.5 m and an interior shelf of shallow water. There are superb paved areas with high quality chairs and loungers. For the evenings there is lighting.