Villa Il Falco claims its own headland on a stunning hillside in La Valle dei Falchi, where Tuscany and Umbria meet. This stone farmhouse is surrounded by good local walks and is only a 15-minute drive from the town of Cittá di Castello, where you'll find twice weekly markets, restaurants and ancient architecture. Villa Il Falco is ideally placed to get out and explore, either on foot or on one of the villa’s bicycles. The village of Fraccano is only a short ride away, with its pretty squares and charming cafés.
The interiors of the property are fresh and contemporary in design whilst also including traditional Umbrian features incorporating exposed wooden beams, terracotta floors and stone fireplaces. Spacious throughout, the downstairs comprises of two large sitting rooms (both with open fires), a dining room, a well-stocked library, playroom/games room with table tennis and a smart stainless-steel kitchen, with range cooker. There is also a laundry room with full washing facilities.
The generous garden stretches out in front of the villa and includes several terraces, an outdoor dining area and an olive grove. The large pool has uninterrupted views of the valley and the south-westerly position means it benefits from the warmth of the sun all day and enjoys cooling breezes in the evenings.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with range cooker
- Two large sitting rooms with stone fireplaces
- Dining room
- Games room with table tennis
- Bedroom 1: Double bedrooms with king size bed with access to garden with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with access to garden. Separate bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bedrooms with king size bed, dressing room, private balcony, terrace and outside access. En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 4: Twin bedroom with private balconette and shared bathroom
- Bedroom 5: King/Twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- Bathroom: Shared by bedroom 2 & 3 with tub and walk-in shower
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
WHY WE LIKE IT: The villa sits on the top of a hill, offering fantastic 360-degree views and with local shops, outdoor markets and restaurants only a short drive away, this property is perfect for longer stays to immerse yourselves in the culture of the area.