A landmark hotel in Malta, The Phoenicia is an Art Deco gem, favoured by European royalty. The hotel’s location just outside the gates of the fortified city of Valletta combines easy access to the capital’s historic attractions with welcome additional space for features such as flower-filled gardens, a well-equipped spa and an infinity pool boasting magnificent views of the harbour.
Stepping through the caramel-stone colonnaded entrance, guests are greeted by cool, light-filled spaces with polished marble floors and a feel of retro, Riviera-style glamour. The Phoenicia’s 132 rooms and suites are furnished in a classic Mediterranean style, decorated in uplifting whites and blues. The majority feature balconies, but it is well worth opting for the Deluxe Harbour View category or above for the most spectacular vistas.
After hours spent discovering the treasures of Valletta and the nearby historical and cultural gems, return to the hotel for blissful relaxation in the fragrant gardens, the infinity pool or in the Deep Nature Spa, which boasts an indoor pool, steam room and salt sauna to complement a wealth of nurturing treatments. Ample dining venues are also available for those not seeking to venture too far. The panoramic terrace of The Phoenix Restaurant is difficult to beat, though relaxed all-day dining can also be enjoyed at The Bastion Pool Bar & Restaurant, or you may wish to indulge in the institution of Afternoon Tea in the Palm Court Lounge.
- Couples and romantics
- Those seeking superb leisure facilities in the heart of the action
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll or picnic in The Phoenicia’s manicured gardens
- Take a cooling dip in the infinity pool, and then admire the harbour views from your lounger on the sun terrace
- Retreat to the Palm Court Lounge for Afternoon Tea
- Treat yourself to a soothing massage or body wrap in the spa
- Admire the sunset views of the harbour over dinner on the Phoenix terrace
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Admire the dramatic views of the Grand Harbour and the Three Cities from the Upper Barraka Gardens
- Visit the historic St John’s Co-Cathedral and view the world’s only known signed Caravaggio masterpiece
- Take a fascinating excursion to the former capital of Mdina and the UNESCO-recognised Hypogeum
- Appreciate Malta’s stunning coastline with a private boat trip to the Blue Grotto