There is a huge variety of dining options to chose from; from Os Gambizinos with an Italian à la carte menu, to As Dunas, a beach restaurant offering delicious fresh seafood and a ‘catch of the day'. All three eateries are fully child-friendly and offer a variety of innovative menus to satisfy every requisite, as well as a staffed kids' corner where they can play whilst the parents finish their meal in peace. No fewer than five swimming pools, exciting children's clubs and a huge variety of fun and exhilarating activities will ensure the children are stimulated and exhausted in equal measure. Meanwhile adults can be as active or horizontal as they like, with plenty of guilt-free opportunities for grown-up time, as well as fun-filled family time. From windsurfing lessons, sailing and paddle boarding to a treatment or two in the organic eco spa or a long relaxed loll in a hammock with a well-deserved glass of wine and the last-minute airport novel purchase. This is a haven for happy families, with excellent, understated service from a huge team of dedicated staff. The accommodation options vary in style and size and offer plenty of choice to suit all party sizes.
The Ocean Houses: contemporary in design and perched on the highest point of the resort; a collection of 2 or 3 bedroom terraced houses (within fairly close proximity to each other).
The Bay Houses: a mixture of 2 or 3 bedroom houses, which sit in a quiet location on the eastern side of the resort. With lovely views over a wooded valley and national park to the east and the ocean, to the south. More spacious and secluded than the Ocean Houses.
The Garden Houses: 2 and 3 bedroom ‘semi-detached' houses which are arranged around a natural shrub garden within a large walled garden. Functional, practical yet stylish in design.
The Pinewood Houses: A small collection of private villas, all positioned in their own landscaped grounds overlooking a private garden, barbecue terrace and swimming pool, some of which are fenced for child safety. Stylish and modern with many having under-floor heating and most have air-conditioning.
All the Village Houses (Ocean, Bay, Garden and Pinewood) are furnished to the a very high standard and include a modern ‘designer' kitchen with washing machine and dryer, 32€ satellite TV with multi-channel selection and video on demand, wireless internet access and an MP3 docking station. A daily maid service is also included and all manner of items for babies are provided as well, from stairgates, to high chairs, potties and baby-packs.
Villas Mimosa: 2 or 3 large bedroom luxury townhouses located on the northwest side of resort with impressive views over the resort, the Sagres peninsula and the Natural Park. Cosmopolitan in style and cleverly designed with bedrooms downstairs and living areas upstairs to maximize the views. All townhouses have a fully-fitted kitchen, laundry room, central heating, a fireplace, air-conditioning, satellite TV and DVD player and daily maid service (excluding kitchen).
The Martinhal Hotel: Contemporary, natural and simplistic architecture and idyllically positioned at the beach; a selection of rooms (and 2 duplex beach suites), all with terraces or balconies and sublime uninterrupted sea views.
- Families with children of all ages, especially the under 12s
- Frazzled parents needing some respite
- Water sporting families
- Half term and Easter holidays as well as summer stays
- Baby Concierge service; Cots, highchairs, bottle sterilisers and warmers, door protectors, thermometers, potties, safety gates and baby baths all available to pre-book before arrival
- Baby sitting available on request
- Children's menus and freshly made baby food (fruit and vegetable purées) available in all restaurants
- Crèche for babies from 6m - 2yrs
- Raposinhos Club for 2yrs - 5yrs
- Fox Club for 6yrs - 9yrs
- Explorers Club for 10yrs - 14yrs
- Blast Club for 15yrs - 17yrs
- The Blue Room - a really amazing games room for children aged 8+ with video games, Ipads, air-hockey, pool tables, ping pong, video games and a huge screen that can transform it into a cinema (films every night timed over dinnertime.)
Things to do at the hotel:
- Book into the Finisterra Spa; treatments include anti-ageing facials, a detox mud wrap and a Bladderwrack body buff
- Water sports available on the beach include windsurfing, kite surfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surfing and body boarding
- Group exercise classes include Pilates, Zumba, aqua gym and yoga
- Tennis and paddle courts
- Hire bikes at the Bike Station and explore further afield Tours
Things to do nearby:
- Boat trips can be organised for fishing and dolphin watching
- Golf at the nearby Santo Antonio golf club - one of the Algarve's finest 18-hole courses
- Jeep safaris
- Walking tours