Porto is a cultural feast and The Yeatman is an ideal base from which to explore and enjoy this magnificent city, surrounded by just under 4 acres of private walled gardens. The Michelin-starred restaurant offers the very finest of local cuisine and an indulgent tasting menu, with expertly matched wines from the hotel's vast cellar.
This Porto hotel is owned by Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman, the world-famous port house, and boasts one of the world's most comprehensive collections of Portuguese wines. The hotel's strong association with wine rings through into the spa (although not so much in the drinking sense) at the hands of the Vinotherapists - who use specialist products with valuable antioxidant properties and offer a barrel bath treatment; bubbling water enriched with a conditioning grape extract. Each of the 82 bedrooms and suites are traditional and elegant and open onto a large balcony with dramatic views over the city. In The Bacchus Suite - with a slightly more eccentric twist - a rotating bed and round copper bathtub is certain to put a smile on anyone's face. Within a year of opening chef Ricardo bagged his prized Michelin star - creating epicurean delights, always perfectly complemented by the resident wine specialists. The exceptional team of staff make this hotel an absolute delight.
- Adults looking for an energetic city break
- Keen city explorers, foodies and wine lovers
- Families with children, who are warmly welcomed
- Great in combination with Six Senses Douro Valley
Things to do at the hotel
- Spa with Roman bath, Turkish bath, sauna and indoor swimming pool
- Unwind around the outdoor roof-top infinity pool
- Gym with resident personal trainer, Pilates, yoga and fitness classes
- Regular wine tastings hosted by the resident experts
- Croquet lawn
- The Yeatman Kid's club - daily activities in a dedicated and enclosed space for children aged 3 to 16 years old
- Babysitting services available on request
- Interconnecting rooms, extra beds, cots and children's menus all available
Things to do nearby
- Beaches - Explore the many miles of clean creamy soft sandy ‘blue-flag' beaches along the coast
- Golf - Play a round of golf at one of the nearby courses
- Visit the Serralves Museum - a mix of culture, nature and art with artwork by Andy Warhol
- Coffee and cake in the Majestic Café - an emblematic café of the city and it is said that J K Rowling spent many hours here writing her first Harry Potter book
- Enjoy the vibrant and exciting nightlife of Porto, in particular - the buzzing atmosphere in the Galerias de Paris - a hub of open-air bars
- Porto is the springboard to some of Portugal's most beautiful regions - Minho with its verdant landscape and opulent palaces. The terraced vineyards in the upper Douro Valley, only 2 hours inland is a worthy outing.
- Visit the historic cities of the Beiras region, in northwestern Spain, famed for its spectacular ‘rias' and abundant seafood, also within easy reach