Taking as its guiding principle 'the luxury of silence', Castell Son Claret is a grown up place to come to for solitude and relaxation, where you can lose yourself in 325 acres of beautiful, aromatic gardens and estate and do not very much at all, other than eat, read a book, swim and relax.
The rambling estate has been transformed into a 21st century boutique hotel complete with two restaurants (one with 2 Michelin stars), a chapel converted to bar, Hammam, gorgeous infinity pool and beautiful landscaped gardens. A spot of pampering is available at the spa or wherever you'd like your pop-up treatment room pitched and the view from the pool makes it the perfect place to wind down with a book. Zaranda, with 2 Michelin stars, has de-camped to Castel Son Claret ensuring fine dining under the direction of the islands best chef, Fernando Perez Arellano, with informal dining at El Olivera. Mind and body restored, head out to explore the Tramuntana villages of Valldemossa, Deia, and Soller or venture into Palma's Old Town for a spot of culture.
- Couples seeking a private retreat
- Jaded urbanites
Things to do at the hotel:
- Chill out by the pool with views along the valley
- Relax in the spa & Hammam
- Enjoy a game of tennis
- Take walks around the gardens, which are gently scented with bergamot, jasmine, roses and orange trees
- Go for a jog- there is a 7km trail around the estate
- Borrow the hotel bicycles for a cycling trip around the estate
- Enjoy fine dining at Zaranda, overseen by respected chef Fernando Perez Arellano
Things to do nearby:
- Explore the hiking trails of the Tramuntana Mountains
- Explore the old town of Palma, just a 20 minute drive away
- Go sailing on the Mediterranean for an afternoon
- Visit a historical Royal Charterhouse and charming village streets of Valldemossa, once home to Chopin and his lover George Sands.
- Visit Robert Grave's home in Deia
- Take a vintage tram from Palma to Soller