Relaxed but never scruffy, Finca Cortesin recalls an elegance long lost in Marbella: guests dress for dinner at El Jardin. The exclusive beach club, just five minutes away by complimentary shuttle bus, is adept at keeping beach vendors at bay. Elegant all-suite hotel in the grand Andalusian manner with 67 suites, yet sparklingly up to the minute in facilities including one of the best golf courses in Spain.
For those seeking additional independence, the resort includes private villas, all south facing, fully air-conditioned and all en-suite. Each has a living room, dining area, well-equipped kitchen and spacious terraces set in private gardens. La Reserva is home to two and four-bedroom villas whereas the 16 larger five-bedroom villas are at The Green between holes 9 and 10 on the Golf Course. Guests can enjoy breakfast at the hotel's man El Jardin Restaurant and parents will appreciate the two-hour daily babysitting service (up to two children). Facilities include satellite TV, Bluetooth music station, twice-daily housekeeping, access to the spa and thermal area and airport transfer.
- Couples and long weekenders
- Housetrained children
Things to do at the property:
- Swim in one of the four pools, play a match on the paddle or tennis courts
- Experience hydrotherapy, Thai treatments and a snow cave in the spa
- Work out at the fitness centre with sea views
- Enjoy yoga at the Arani Yoga and Meditation Centre
- Book the Chef's table at El Jardin de Lutz; or enjoy Italian cuisine at Don Giovanni, or orthodox Japanese at Kabuki Raw (one Michelin star).
- 18 hole, 72 par golf course with Jack Nicklaus Academy
Things to do nearby:
- Private beach club five minutes away by shuttle
- Visit the 'white village' of Casares
- Much of this coast has suffered overdevelopment: happily there is little reason to leave the Finca.