A finca usually denotes a farm or small estate but there is nothing modest about Finca Cortesin. This is a grand hotel in the Andalusian manner, centred on cloistered courtyards, with high-ceilinged guest suites and enjoying a tranquility even when full. Here you choose the holiday you want: sporting or sybaritic, beach or spa, golf or family oriented.
Relaxed but never scruffy, Finca Cortesin recalls an elegance long lost in Marbella: guests dress for dinner at El Jardin. For all this the six four-bedroom villas are ideal for families to whom one of the three large pools is devoted. The exclusive beach club, just five minutes away by complimentary shuttle bus, is adept at keeping beach vendors at bay. Finca Cortesin won 'Best National Resort' at the Conde Nast Traveler Spain Awards in 2015. Elegant all-suite hotel in the grand Andalusian manner, yet sparklingly up to the minute in facilities including one of the best golf courses in Spain.
- Couples and long weekenders
- Housetrained children
Things to do at the property:
- Swim, play tennis, flirt
- Experience hydrotherapy and a snow cave in the spa
- Work out at the fitness centre with sea views
- Book the Chef's table at El Jardin de Lutz; or enjoy Italian cuisine at Don Giovanni, or orthodox Japanese at Kabuki Raw (one Michelin star).
- 18 hole, 72 par golf course with Jack Nicklaus Academy
Things to do nearby:
- Private beach club five minutes away by shuttle
- Visit the 'white village' of Casares
- Much of this coast has suffered overdevelopment: happily there is little reason to leave the Finca.