The grounds are ripe for exploration, with hidden seating areas under the pines, a playground area for the youngest members and the infinity pool with decked lounge area and a carefully considered sail affording plenty of shade. Most dinners are taken in the Moroccan style courtyard and garden area, a tranquil and calming setting amidst the privately owned 30 acres of fragrant pine forest. Fragrant herbs and flowers surround the property, with mature olive and palm trees, pomegranate, figs and plums vying with flower beds of roses and lavender for top billing.
For all the peace and serenity afforded by this ‘oldy worldly’ dwelling, modern creature comforts are a hallmark of the property with fully air-conditioned bedrooms, satellite TV and a heated pool amongst its key features. The spacious living room space, with centrepiece fireplace opens to the sea-facing terrace and shaded chill out areas, and water features are designed to enhance the escapism feel of the property. Bedrooms are split evenly between the main house and the more simply styled guest house with white walls, stone floors and soft furnishings in fitting with the soothing nature of the villa.
- Living and dining room, opening to the terrace with sea views
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom (accessible by 8 steps), four-poster bed, dressing, en suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, opening to the garden
- Bedroom 3: Twin/double bedroom, opening to the garden – the double and twin bedroom share a bathroom with bath and shower
GUEST HOUSE (more simple in style)
- Small kitchen and separate TV area
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with en suite shower room
- Bedroom 5: Children’s twin room on the ground floor
- Bedroom 6: Double bedroom on the first floor – Bedroom 5 & 6 share a ground floor shower room
There are low walls to the terrace in the double bedroom
- The housekeeper lives discretely in a small cottage in the grounds