The owner of the villa is a civil engineer who personally designed and oversaw construction of the house to meet his exacting requirements - for a supremely comfortable family home and working space that celebrates its coastal location. A large sea-facing living room radiates with light, and - combined with the separate dining area and well-equipped kitchen - offers generous space for relaxed indoor / outdoor living. The five guest rooms follow a nautical theme in their naming, and all offer en suite bathrooms, air conditioning, satellite TV and music systems. All also offer access to the sea-facing outdoor terraces. The master suite boasts a spa-style Jacuzzi tub opening to a private terrace. A study serves as a quiet area for reading or work, but also offers a double futon for extended groups.
Cala Vinyes itself offers a number of options for informal dining, in addition to its Blue Flag beach. A water park, go karting and a number of golf courses can be found within a 15-minute drive of the villa. The historic centre of Palma de Mallorca is also within easy reach (a bus even stops outside the villa for those who prefer not to drive). Arrive in time for a leisurely lunch at one of the city’s many fine eateries, and peruse the bustling streets lined with cafes, boutiques and galleries, as well as discovering Palma’s striking cathedral and lively waterfront.
- Living room with panoramic views
- Chill out lounge with large heated Jacuzzi
- Dining room
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Galleon Suite: Master bedroom (double) with private terrace and separate living area. Access to two bathrooms.
- Schooner Suite: Double bedroom with terrace access. En suite bathroom with tub.
- Yacht Suite: Double/twin bedroom with terrace access and en suite bathroom.
- Clipper Suite: Double bedroom with terrace access. En suite bathroom with tub.
- Yacht Suite: Twin bedroom with terrace access and en suite bathroom.
- Sanctuary: dedicated office / high-tech audiovisual space with seating for up to 10, high speed internet and 65 inch TV
WHY WE LIKE IT: This is a remarkably accessible villa with shops, restaurants and a safe, sandy beach all on the doorstep. The ideal venue for a hassle-free Mallorcan escape.