D-Maris Bay is set high on a cliff overlooking a completely private and secluded bay, with five separate beaches. This is unquestionably the finest resort hotel on the southern Turkish coast, and the 193 rooms facing seawards enjoy really stunning views over the island-strewn Aegean Sea.
D-Maris Bay's superb position is matched by the facilities on offer: five private blue-flag beaches, a world-class water sports centre, possibly the best spa in Turkey (ESPA), a National Geographic Dive Centre, a private 100-foot gulet and smaller motor yachts, a tennis academy and a first-class fitness centre. The various dining options are also very fine, but above all, the hotel staff are all of the highest calibre so that the welcome and levels of service are truly excellent.
- Families with children of all ages
Things to do at the property:
- Five blue flag private beaches to enjoy
- Superb ESPA spa
- World-class watersports (water-ski, wake-board, sailing, wind-surfing, canoes)
- Really good snorkelling and diving in the crystal-clear Aegean
- Tennis School by Goran Ivanisevic
- Get fit with Bodyism Personal Training sessions
- Yacht or motorboat charter to explore the islands and bays nearby
- Infinity swimming pool and excellent fitness centre
- Five à la carte restaurants overlooking the sea and seven cocktail/wine bars
- Seven bars, including Coliseum Nightclub
- Boutique, mini market and gift shop
- Hair salon
- Jogging path
- Dedicated Teenager club
Things to do nearby:
- Visit the riverside town of Dalyan, ascend the river by boat to see impressive ancient Kaunos
- See the ruins of ancient Knidos at the end of the peninsula
- Peruse the stalls at the Friday & Saturday market in nearby Datça
Wimbledon winner, Goran Ivanisevic, opened a tennis school at D-Maris Bay in summer 2015. His professionally trained coaches provide tennis lessons for beginners and assist more advanced players as they prepare for competitions.
- One beach is reserved for Suite and Villa occupants and for those who have purchased the "Exclusive Package"
- Those wanting to be sure of chartering one of the hotels yachts, should book well in advance