Formely an Ottoman prison, this striking hotel is ideally situated amidst the alluring atmosphere of Sultanahmet - Old Istanbul. Designed around the building's unique architecture, the enclosed manicured courtyard is a feast for the senses from where the delicious scents of rosemary, basil and peppermint drift up to the rooms and suites which encircle it.
With a bold façade and elegant interiors, the hotel has a restaurant to suit all culinary tastes, a tranquil hidden courtyard and the perfect location from which to explore Sultanahmet on foot. Decorated in an authentic Turkish style, the 65 rooms and suites are complemented by hand-woven kilims, neoclassical detailing and original local artworks. With its relaxed, informal atmosphere, Seasons Restaurant is a bright and airy setting for a wide range of international cuisine, bolstered by local specialities. A lounge and bar, health club and gardens complete the facilities.
Things to do at the property:
- Dine in Seasons Restaurant
- Relax in the lounge bar or pergola on hot summer nights
- Beauty and massage treatments
- Expansive fitness facilities with sauna
Things to do nearby:
- Discover the charms of Sultanahmet, Istanbul's Old City, all right on the doorstep
- Assault your senses in Istanbul's Grand Bazaar
- The Topkapi Palace, crown jewel of the Ottoman empire
- Find peace amid the vast spaces of the magnificent Haghia Sophia
- Pay respectful homage at the 17th-century Sultanahmet 'Blue' Mosque
- Guests staying at the Four Seasons Istanbul Sultanahmet receive complimentary access to the pool and spa facilities at the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus.
- This is a particularly family-friendly hotel with complimentary amenities, toiletries and children's menus available. Babysitting is also available with 24 hour's notice.
- As a former prison, the "rooms" were not designed with large windows or glorious views in mind.