Poised between the banks of the Bosphorus and the verdant Naile Sultan pine grove, the Mandarin Oriental is Istanbul’s newest and most perfectly located hotel. Combining seclusion and spectacular waterfront views with easy access to some of Istanbul’s most iconic landmarks and neighbourhoods, the hotel provides the ideal base for exploring all that this thrilling historic city has to offer.
After a day wandering Istanbul’s lively streets, refresh with a session in the Mandarin Oriental’s stunning spa. This serene refuge is the first of its kind in Istanbul. It offers a range of treatments including hot stone therapies, Ayurvedic massages and oriental body scrubs, each featuring the hotel’s own signature essential oils and skin products. For a truly authentic experience, treat yourself to the two-hour Pearl of Bosphorus treatment, a full body acupressure massage inspired by ancient Turkish spa rituals.
The Mandarin Oriental Istanbul’s dining options are just as tempting and wide-ranging. On an expansive terrace overlooking the water, Bosphorus Lounge serves a selection of contemporary dishes that draw inspiration from both European and Turkish cuisine, alongside an extensive wine list and selection of exquisitely prepared cocktails. Alternatively, try Novikov Istanbul, a unique meeting of east and west where Mediterranean and pan-Asian flavours intertwine, in dishes such as fresh sashimi and fragrant risotto al funghi.
At the end of the day, the hotel’s selection of rooms and suites provide luxurious spaces where you can relax and recharge. Carefully crafted with accents of polished wood and rich figured leather, flashes of Bosphorus blue echo the mighty channel flowing nearby. Private terraces present views across the water, over the hotel’s sheltered central courtyard or towards the emerald pine groves rising up inland.
- Couples & romantics
- Spa & wellness enthusiasts
- Those seeking royal service
Things to do at the property:
- Take in the views of the Bosphorus over a sumptuous afternoon tea
- Enjoy a lap of the swimming pool followed by some time on the sun terrace
- Soothe tired limbs with a pampering massage, body wrap or purifying hammam
- Head for pre-dinner drinks in the Novikov Lounge Bar, or enjoy them al fresco on the terrace of the Bosphorus Lounge
Things to do nearby:
- Embark upon a cruise of the Bosphorus, passing historic palaces, the Rumeli Fortress and observing local life play out along the shore.
- Take in the waterfront promenade and fine restaurants of the surrounding Kuruçeşme neighbourhood.
- Marvel at the architectural splendour of the Hagia Sophia
- Discover Istanbul’s vibrant spice market and famous Grand Bazaar with a private guide.