Captain Dogan owns his gulet so invests more personal care and attention into each charter than a regular hired captain might. This close personal involvement really pays off and in a season lasting 20 weeks, he almost never has an idle week. The same clients come back year after year, to place themselves and their family holiday in Dogan's hands.
The cook is also excellent and the yacht is kept immaculate - when we visited at the end of a busy season, not a scratch nor a barnacle was visible.
Kaya Guneri IV is a large traditional Bodrum-style schooner, with the classic mahogany interior. It is not overly ornate but simply and attractively furnished, with a lightly nautical theme. The 6 cabins are large and their en suite bathrooms expensively and recently installed with good quality spa-showers.
There is also a very fine selection of "toys" on board, including a jet-ski, 100HP outboard on the tender for waterskiing, wakeboarding, ringo and banana rides, so if you have had enough of idly trying to fish for your supper in quiet private bays and of snoozing off a really good lunch on deserted beaches, there are plenty of opportunities to inject a bit of pace into your day….
- Length: 35m
- Built: 2005
- Style: Bodrum-style schooner
- No Cabins: 2 x Master Cabins with double bed, 2 x Double Cabins & 2 x Twin Cabins
- Bathrooms: 6 en-suite bathrooms with spa-showers
- In-cabin: 24 hour air conditioning, TV, DVD
- Kit: WIFI, Satellite TV with large LCD screen in the saloon, DVD, CD
- Toys: Jet-ski, Waterski, windsurfer, ringo, banana, wakeboard, canoe, snorkelling kit, fishing equipment
- Crew: Captain, cook and 3 deckhands - 5 in total
- Housekeeping: Daily sheet and towel change